Chapter 1: Another beautiful day in Galar...right?!

(This is gonna be a long one. There's a lot of background info. I apologize I'm advance, I tend to do this. And yes Minecraft exists but it's only one reference in this chapter so don't ask for a crossover. Enjoy!)

The chirps of the local rookidee in Postwick and the gentle rays of sunlight creeping through the window woke Lumity from her sleep, as the youth rubbed the tiredness out of her gray eyes. Putting her phone aside and turning the alarm off, she reached for the comb on her nightstand and sat up on the bed, brushing her white hair to perfection. After sorting out every tangle and locating her yellow glasses, Lumi got dressed in her standard outfit: a blue shirt with hints of white, her favorite grey skirt, and long neon green socks covered by the Pikachu shoes that her mum got her for Christmas.
"Alright, I'm all dressed...oh wait," Lumi slapped her forehead lightly, "One more thing..."
Lumi opened the drawer in her nightstand and fished out her blue scally cap. Her mum also picked it up for her, this time in her trip in Unova. The same trip that, according to her mum, was where she adopted her older brother Trevor...
Lumi chuckled at the memory of the hat being too big for her head, and then fished around for another thing: a photo of her mum and a man dressed in police garb, with text on the back that read out the names Conan and Abigail.
Conan was Lumi's father. He was a proud police officer, a loving husband, and was really excited to be the best dad ever. Lumi never got to meet him; it's really hard to meet someone who had to have a closed-casket funeral after a failed drug raid operation.
"I know we never met," Lumi spoke to the photo, then sighed, "Mum really misses you, so does Munchy."
The girl put the photo back in the nightstand and got up, grabbing her phone and walking to her kitchen. Munchy and Trevor already ate breakfast, so they were nowhere to be seen in the kitchen. However, there was a woman in overalls and work boots, prepping a roast for tonight's dinner...
"Lumity Dreamfield Clover," the woman scolded lightly, "It's almost 8 in the morning, I thought you said you'd wake up early to help me make breakfast."
"Sorry Mum," Lumi replied, taking an apple from the fridge and taking a bite out of an apple, "I completely forgot and stayed up playing Minecraft again. Trevor usually beats me to the punch anyway."
"Well, you know how he is," Abigail chuckled, "Always looking for something to do! I also made you two lunch if you guys get hungry."
"Thanks Mum!" Lumi smiled, finishing the apple and making her way to the living room and giving Munchy (the family munchlax Abigail caught in her youth) the apple core. Trevor was there in his favorite chair, playing on his phone. He didn't speak much at all; the most he ever spoke when he occasionally did was six words, usually an insult. Lumi never understood why, but that's how it was, and Abigail refused to explain to her why Trevor was like this. Weird.
"What's on the TV?" Lumi asked, only getting a huff from Trevor, "...I'll take that as a noise of negativity, nothing good on."
Lumi proceeded to watch some videos on her phone, for what seemed like hours, when Hop suddenly barged in.
"Hello, hello!" the neighbor's enthusiastic son excitedly called out.
"Hop?" Lumi looked up with a smile, "What's up?"
"Oh!" Hop noticed the phone Lumi had, "That your flash new phone?"
"Yup!" Lumi giggled, having dealt with her friend's hyperactivity long enough to understand why he was here, "You were there when I got it, remember? Lemme guess: you came to see if I was watching your brother's match? Cheer him on with the oh-so-famous Charizard pose?"
Hop laughed at his friend's comment. Lumi wasn't a big fan of watching Leon fight another battle to result in victory, but it did inspire her to want to do Pokémon research at some point.
"Never mind watching the match now," Hop grinned, "I got it recording at home anyway. I record all of my brother's matches. Come with me, Lumi! He should be here any minute! And Lee always brings presents when he visits, so I wouldn't forget that Bag if I were you!"
"LEON?!?" Trevor screeched, making a dead run for safety to his room.
The incident made both Hop and Lumi laugh. Why Trevor was so afraid of Leon was a mystery even to Leon himself.
"Now I've got to run!" Hop waved goodbye and ran out, "See you at mine later!"
Lumi didn't need to be told twice. She grabbed her favorite orange jacket and her fairy bag.
"Wait Lumi!" Abigail stopped her daughter and handed her a lunch box, "Put this in your bag, in case you get hungry."
"Thanks Mum!" Lumi smiled as she stepped outside her house...

...and here, her adventure BEGINS!! Oh lordy, it's gonna be a Dynamaxed-sized adventure! Eh? Eh??

...

...why did I even edit chapter-