46-50

Chapter 46

Lightning came suddenly, leaving no time for anyone to react.

  Xu Duo's groggy mind only had two words left - "It's over".

  Seeing the dazzling white light illuminating the room, about to blow through the roof and strike down. In a flash, the man holding her suddenly emitted an even more dazzling golden light, which spread out at lightning speed and enveloped the entire room.

  Xu Duo was dazzled by the same thing as when she first saw it, tears streaming down her face, and she closed her eyes as a conditioned reflex.

  The next second, the lightning that was supposed to strike her body touched the golden light, just like ice and snow touching the scorching sun, and quietly melted.

  Xu Duo waited for a long time, but did not feel the familiar pain. Instead, the roaring thunder stopped abruptly, drowned by the heavy rain that poured down, hitting the roof and window frames.

  She was startled, risking being blinded by the flash and reluctantly opened her eyes a little, and saw the black clouds rolling and countless lightnings falling. But no matter how thick or thin, no matter how powerful, they could not do anything to the golden light.

  And the shape of the golden light was irregular, and it seemed that something was swaying and turning faintly.

  Xu Duo's eyes hurt so much that she quickly lowered her eyelids after just one glance, letting the tears flow.

  Oh my god, is this how the golden light on the boss is used?

  This must be the son of the heaven.

As this thought flashed through her mind, a larger heat suddenly surged out, making her whole body tremble uncontrollably and her mind became even more dizzy.

  Zhuang Zhenyu thought she was suddenly awakened by thunder in the middle of the night and frightened, so she did those actions before.

  Seeing her shaking so badly at this moment, he hurriedly hugged her and patted her back gently, "Don't be afraid, don't be afraid, I'm here, I'm with you, we are not afraid of anything. If you really can't stand the thunder, just cover your ears, and it will pass in a while."

  But after a few pats, Xu Duo was still shaking, and the place where their skin touched was gradually getting hot.

The man felt something was wrong, and reached out to touch the girl's forehead. His face suddenly changed, "Xiaoduo, you have a fever?"

There were no pharmacies in this era, and ordinary people did not have regular medicines at home. If you were sick, you could only go to the hospital.

It was the middle of the night, and it was raining heavily outside. You couldn't go to the hospital. Xu Duo had such a high fever, he was really afraid that her body temperature would not go down and she would have a fever.

Zhuang Zhenyu turned off the light and put Xu Duo, whose white and tender skin was all pink, on the kang, "Xiaoduo, bear it a little, I'll go get some water to cool you down." He turned around and was about to get off the kang.

As soon as Keren let go, two arms were wrapped around her waist.

"Brother Zhenyu."

The soft whisper was a bit coquettish, and it was wrapped around her arms as soft as hers. Even if it was steel, it could turn her into soft fingers at this moment.

Zhuang Zhenyu couldn't help hugging her back, wiped the tears from her eyes lovingly, and kissed her forehead, "Be good, Brother Zhenyu will give you some water to cool you down, and you won't feel uncomfortable in a while."