𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓮𝓷

Recently, Naruto had left Konoha to go train with Jiraiya. I heard that he wasn't going to come back for a few years, and I felt really, really sad. Shattered was too much of an exaggeration, but I'd definitely miss him a lot.

Sakura and I said goodbye to Naruto and Jiraiya at Konoha's entrance. We both had solemn looks on our faces, wishing them the best of luck.

Now, Sakura and I had to really work hard. Both Naruto and Sasuke were working and pushing themselves to their limits- no, beyond their limits. To keep up, we had to put an active effort too. Ino and Sakura had started training seriously, under Lady Shizune and Lady Tsunade.

Kakashi Sensei trained me.

🎀

"Kakashi Sensei, please let me have a break." I murmur, wiping the sweat off my face with my wrist. "I'm dying." Kakashi Sensei chuckled a bit and replied, in his usual relaxed tone, "Sorry Emiko. You'll have to work really hard if you want to master your jutsu. I have to teach you Genjutsu and help you sharpen your Taijutsu too. That's after you master this Ninjutsu."

Sighing, I nod and comply. No time for breaks, and so many 'Jutsu' words being used. I just had to continue killing myself with intense training. Kakashi Sensei and I were located in Konoha's woods, where I had started living. Temporarily.

I slept in a tent and woke up at the crack of dawn everyday to train. Sure, I had to catch up to Naruto and Sakura. Team Asuma had gotten much better too. Plus, Team Guy never stopped training either. Even Team Kurenai had been relentless.

However, despite hearing and knowing about everyone's efforts to train, I knew what my biggest motivation was. Sasuke Uchiha. I needed to bring him back as soon as I had enough strength too. Next time for sure. Next time, I could join everyone and retrieve him.

Along with this, Matatabi had started to become more...'active'. Every single night, while I was asleep, I'd somehow enter my mind and talk to her. Matatabi usually rambled on about how she wanted out, but generally, I didn't mind her company.

She made me feel less lonely, since I was out here alone besides Kakashi Sensei stopping by to assess my progress. Everyone else didn't have the time to hang out or anything. I was also a bit more introverted, and preferred to stay alone. Though, I definitely wouldn't have minded some company...

🎀

A sea of stars lined the night sky tonight. My eyes twinkled upon seeing them, after a long and tiresome day of training. I inhaled and exhaled sharply, while lying down on the grass, just taking in the view. Is this what people called 'stargazing' in books?

I noticed the moon- a full moon. It looked magnificent, and I simply couldn't take my eyes of it. Upon closer inspection, I noticed something. The moon and the stars, floating above me together, seemed to form a shape.

A human shape. I squinted my eyes further and realised the outline was Sasuke. His face, up in the sky, seemed to gaze back down at me. I felt a soft smile grace my lips. I couldn't help but feel kind of comforted. Maybe it was a sign that I'd get to see him soon. Or better yet, bring him back home where he belonged.

A little while later, I opened my eyes, gradually. The sun's rays were strong and I realised it had been past the time I usually woke up. By the looks of it, it was probably nine in the morning. I really slept in last night.

Maybe I needed it, considering my excessive training. Anyway, I had to get a move on. These days, I had started to learn to harness Matatabi's power, and incorporate her chakra into my jutsu. I had even managed to produce the second most powerful wave on the Electromagnetic Spectrum, even if it was just a fluke. At least I had managed to do it once. The key was consistency, and I had to practice more to reproduce it on command.

Kakashi Sensei had come by today too. I noticed a document in his hand, something about someone called 'The Akatsuki' or something. Maybe it was a group? I didn't know, and I didn't care.

What really occupied my thoughts were two main things. First of all, Sasuke, which was pretty self-explanatory. Secondly, my parents. I never really stopped thinking about them. Maybe I could ask Matatabi about them tonight. Would she know something about those two?

I had tried asking Jiraiya about them, but he always changed the subject and tried 'dodging' me, in a way. He made me feel like an immature kid. Okay, maybe I was. After all, what could he expect of a curious thirteen year old?

While Sasuke was gone, I had turned thirteen. It had been sort of a long time, and Sakura had also turned thirteen. Naruto also lingered in the back of my mimd. I missed him too...

When would I see those two again?