𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

The realisation of what Sasuke had just said sank in. No way was I a Jinchuriki...! Right?

"Sasuke, you've got it all wrong. I don't have a creature inside me! You have the wrong person." I murmur, giving him a confused stare. He groaned and replied, "You are a Jinchiriki, and clearly an idiot. Why do you think no one batted an eye towards you for your whole life?"

I sigh and look at him as I respond, "Still, this is so random and basless. I don't have a monster in me, and besides, how would you know even if I did?" Sasuke facepalmed and clearly, he was annoyed. With an exasperated sigh, he inched towards me.

We were right outside the building where my flat was. I had the urge to dart inside and hide away from Sasuke and the world, especially
because I felt beyond sleepy and didn't want to deal with his crazy crap right now. He was tolerable enough as a teammate, but who was he to say I had a creature inside me? Surely, I would've known if I had a literal monster sealed inside me!

While being absorbed in my thoughts, I hadn't noticed Sasuke grabbing my arm and showing me my wrist. I froze due to the unexpected gesture, but quickly regained myself as I looked at it. There was a small, miniscule black mark that was barely visible. I had always considered it to be some mole or birthmark.

"This is the seal." Sasuke said, in a low tone that made me stay in my spot. He finally let go of my wrist as I analysed this supposed seal. Was I being gaslighted right now? I had never even thought about these random, tiny marks being a seal...

"I don't believe you." I whisper, still in a state of slight shock. Rolling his eyes, Sasuke said, "Fine. Don't believe me. Just- just...ugh." Clearly, he seemed fed up of my presence, and honestly, I was done with this guy for the day too.

However, I did notice him watch me walk to my flat before leaving. I appreciated that gesture, though I didn't say anything. Maybe through all of that coldness, he was a gentleman. At the very least, he definitely was more gentleman-like at 12 than most boys were in our class.

🎀

"Why is he late again?!" Naruto complained. "We should be out on our mission, now!" Crossing her arms and sighing, Sakura shot him a dirty glare. "Geez Naruto! Can you shut up for once? Kakashi Sensei is always late!"

Sasuke and I remained quiet. I pitied Naruto for always being picked on, so I said, in a relaxed tone, in a bad attempt to try to console him, "Naruto, I'm sure he'll be here soon. Don't worry. He wouldn't leave us for this long."

Naruto grumbled under his breath. Sakura put her hand around my shoulder and sighed. "I'm so tired. I can't believe he keeps telling us to wake up this early in the morning, at the crack of dawn and show up much later!"

I nodded in agreement, also wanting to sleep as soon as possible. However, I couldn't get Sasuke's words out of my head from last night, or his 'actions' for that matter. He was probably lying and just messing with me, but he wasn't the kind of person to joke around so lightly with this kind of stuff.

I doubted his words, though a small part of me was convinced. Now that I thought about it, I was always treated a bit weirdly by the locals. In fact, a bit like Naruto, though I wasn't exactly 'hated'. I just felt...isolated.

Did that really have to do with a potential monster being inside me, though?

🎀

Eventually, Kakashi Sensei arrived with some merchant or something who introduced himself as Tazuna. We had been given a mission to protect him from any unwanted company. That seemed easy enough, right?

We had finally set foot outside the village when a duo of shinobi spawned out of nowhere. Before any of us could react, Kakashi Sensei took care of them.

"Care to tell us why Shinobi were attacking you?" Kakashi Sensei asked, eyeing this strange 'Tazuna' man. He cleared his throat and dismissed it as a coincidence, but clearly, everyone knew something was up.

Why would some rogue ninja attack a defenseless man like him? It seemed really weird to me. Plus, he had asked for bodyguards. Something suspicious was clearly going on.

Soon, we arrived at a body of water. There was a small boat waiting for us, but I looked ahead to see mist, and a lot of it. From the corner of my eye, I noticed Sasuke's expression. He seemed a bit troubled. I didn't want to say anything, since I felt that he might get annoyed.

We hopped onto the boat and rode, when suddenly, Tazuna started spilling his secrets...