𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮

"Naruto, Sasuke!" I shout, as I realised they were both trapped inside Haku's Kekkei Genkai.

To sum things up, a lot had happened. Mr Tazuna was reconstructing the bridge when Zabuza came and attacked again, even though he was supposed to be dead. I was right to be suspicious, of this 'death' and the Anbu Black Op.

In fact, the 'Anbu Black Op' in question was a guy our age named Haku. He looked really pretty- a bit like a girl, but unfortunately, he was our opponent and did NOT have a pretty Kekki Genkai.

Sasuke and Naruto were trapped in it. Sakura was trying to protect Mr Tazuna, while I covered Kakashi Sensei in case any external attackers came.

Suddenly, I heard an ear piercing scream.

I turned my head over, and noticed Naruto holding Sasuke by the head. Was he dead?! Everything seemed to go a bit blurry for me. I wasn't really close to Sasuke, but I felt like crying. We weren't best friends, but we were comrades, and I didn't want him to die...!

"SASUKE!!" Sakura screamed. Her and Mr Tazuna ran to his body. Naruto held him, teary eyed. Kakashi Sensei told me that I could go too and see Sasuke.

All of us sat around him, in shock. "Sasuke, wake up!" Sakura pleaded, as I noticed tears stream down her face. I put my arm around her, holding back tears. I had to be strong. A Shinobi couldn't let their emotioms deter them, but we were still just Genin.

Naruto shook his head, trembling. I looked down, shutting my eyes in solidarity. I didn't want to start sobbing here, especially in the middle of the battlefield.

🎀

An old, weird, creepy looking guy cackled, causing us to turn and stare. It was Gato. He grinned wickedly, and we noticed he had numerous men with him. Zabuza had been dealt with, but he was pissed.

Haku had died, and in the end, it was kind of Gato's fault. Kakashi Sensei wisely decided not to interfere with the massacre that was about to happen. Poor Zabuza. Wait, not poor! He mudered many, many people, but still. I wished he chose a better path with Haku.

I sat there in horror. Blood was splattered everywhere. I trembled a little, and my mind seemed to flicker a bit. Sasuke's dead body. I shook my head, holding my tears in as I shut my eyes, in an attempt to control my emotions.

Clearly, everyone was overjoyed since we won, but our squad lost Sasuke. At least, that's what we thought.

Our eyes shot open in astonishment as we noticed Sasuke sit up, rubbing his eyes. He looked battered and bruised, but he was alive! In unison, Sakura and Naruto shouted, "SASUKE! YOU'RE ALIVE!"

I smiled at him and murmured, "Thank goodness." Sasuke seemed relieved but a bit out of it. Clearly, he needed some rest, and so did we. Kakashi Sensei ruffled his hair and also seemed relieved.

🎀

In the end, the bridge was named after Naruto, due to him being the main reason behind its success. Next time, I wouldn't let him outdo me. I wasn't as competitive as my teammates, but when I wanted to occasionally prove myself I did feel fired up.

Except, I felt like passing out. I felt really fatigued and utterly exhausted, so I took a nap on the boat while returning home.

Besides Kakashi Sensei, everyone else joined me and decided to sleep too. I didn't acknowledge Sasuke sitting next to me, but I did smile to myself. After him almost dying, it felt good to have him here next to me. His presence comforted me, and it felt peaceful.

🎀

Upon reaching, we reported the mission's results to the Third Hokage. After exiting the Hokage's office, Kakashi Sensei said he had some 'work' to do, which meant him reading romance books. Well, more than just sweet romance.

Excitedly, Naruto grins. "Guys, let's all go out together! Please? We didn't go last time!" Sakura nodded in agreement, persistently. First, they decided to look at me.

After a brief moment, I sighed and murmured, "Okay, okay. I'll join you." They then eyed Sasuke, who glared at them. The words came out of his mouth rudely. "Absolutely not. You idiots can have your own stupid fun alone."

I shook my head, while Naruto started berating him and screaming. Sakura gave him a sad look. Eventually, he agreed. I cracked a small smile and they stood proudly- victorious.

We ended up at Ichiraku Ramen. Naruto and I shared one thing in common. I wasn't exactly hyper or overexcited, nor was I as spunky. The one thing we had in common was our love for ramen.

We engulfed our ramen within a few seconds of each other. He blinked at me and said, wide eyed, "Woah, you can really eat! For a quiet girl, you have quite an apetite!" I laughed awkwardly and nodded. What was I supposed to say to that?

However, the most dreaded time of the night came. The dreaded bill. Everyone glanced at each other, and in the end, we all looked at Sasuke.

"What?" He asked. "I didn't even want to come. Don't expect me to pay for you." Naruto gritted his teeth and was about to pounce on him, but I stopped him in time.

In order to make peace, I reluctantly said, "It's fine. I'll pay." Naruto and Sakura gave me a grateful look, while Sasuke scoffed. "Thank you, Emiko!" They sang, earning an eye roll from the annoyed boy.

Note: this was a really sweet chapter, but you better get yourselves ready for an emotional rollercoaster. don't worry...