jeongin | what is happening?

ⁿᵒᵗ ʳᵉᵠᵘᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ
-----------------
fluff / 777
-----------------

you and jeongin were sitting on the couch, joking around. you had a tickling war a few minutes ago. you had been together for almost 5 years, and you still acted like it was your first month as a couple. but you loved it.

then jeongin stood up and looked at you with his wide smile.

"I have to go grab something from the bedroom. it's a surprise. but-" he raised his index finger and looked at you with "serious" expression. "if when I come back you're sitting in a different position than you are now, you won't get the surprise."

you whined at that. you really wanted to know what the surprise was.

you nodded at him, and he walked towards the bedroom.

but you - of course - walked after him, putting your ear to the door, trying to hear something. anything.

but when you heard that he was walking towards the door, you quickly rushed towards the living room again and sat on the couch.

there was only one problem - you can't remember the position you were sitting a few minutes ago.

"damn it" you whispered as you couldn't remember, but you could already hear jeongins footsteps getting closer.

jeongin stuck his head through the doorway and shook his head when he saw that you were sitting in a different position.

"Well, I guess someone doesn't want a surprise." he said as he walked into the living room, hands in his pockets.

you pouted at him. "the position I was sitting was uncomfortable-"

"no, no, no. don't lie, baby. I heard you walking after him." he titled his head with a playful smile.

you scoffed and crossed your arms, still pouting. "but I want the surprise.." you whined.

he giggled quietly and walked in front of you. "maybe if you give me a kiss, I'll think about giving it to yo-" he couldn't finish because you had already jumped to kiss his lips.

his eyes went wide for a second before he closed them and placed a hand on your cheek.

"so, I think you deserve surprise now, hum?" he said, pulling away from the kiss.

your eyes lit up with excitement.

he took your hand and helped you up from the couch.

"now." he said, smiling. "you have to look at the clock on the wall over there and tell me what time it is." he said, grinning at you.

you raised an eyebrow but do what he asked you to do. you looked over at the clock on the wall. "it's five twen-" your voice got stuck into your throat- your breath got stuck into your throat as you looked over at jeongin again.

you opened your mouth, but nothing came out.

there he was, kneeling, on one knee in front of you, holding a box with a beautiful ring inside.

"w-what ar-" your voice broke, and you can feel the tears in your eyes.

he was smiling widely at you. his eyes shining. he then cleaned his throat. "we have been together for almost 5 years, and I already know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. you're the love of my life. I knew it from the beginning, actually. but that's not so important right now. the important thing is that- will you marry me?"

your whole body was frozen as you were looking at him, tears falling down your cheeks. "I-" you began, but your voice was shaking from the shook. you swallowed and nodded, smiling through your tears. "yes!" you finally said. "of course I will!"

he quickly got up, pulling you into a tight hug. after a minute, he pulled away, looking at your teary eyes with his own teary eyes.

he sniffed a little and chuckled, wiping his tears with one hand. "I didn't mean to cry." he laughed a little.

you laughed a little as well, cupping his cheek with your hand and pecking his lips.

he smiled and looked down at the box in his hand. "oh- right, the ring." he laughed, embarrassed and took the ring out of the box, gently taking your left hand and slipping the ring on your ring finger.

your eyes got teary again as you looked at the ring. "it's beautiful." you said quietly and looked at the ring for a few more seconds before looking up to see jeongin looking at you with loving gaze.

you smiled and hugged him. "I love you." you said as you buried your face in his chest.

he smiled softly and hugged you back, one hand caressing your hair softly. "I love you too, my future wife."