changbin | I didn't do it for the money

ⁿᵒᵗ ʳᵉᵠᵘᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ
------------------
fluff / 1759
------------------

today you had dinner together with the seo family again.

your parents and changbin's parents were best friends unlike you and changbin. you two have known each other all your life. however, ever since you were 4, you've shown that you don't like each other at all.

you were constantly picking on your toys, pulling your hair, and so on. when you grew up, that didn't change. you still picked on the smallest thing.

●●●
during dinner, you constantly stepped on or pushed each other.

after a while, your parents told you to go out for a little walk to calm down. you two didn't want to at all, but you did it anyway.

you went to the park, trying to trip each other along the way and constantly arguing about something. when you got to the park though, something caught changbin's attention.

he went to one of the trees and read the leaflet that was on it. after reading it, he turned to you and called you.

"what do you want now?" you asked, walking up to him.

"look, there's some stupid couples contest. the prize is $1000!!" he turned to you.

"let's do it!"

"what! are you crazy? we're not even together!" you said, disbelieving your ears. could he be that dumb?

"come on! we know most things about each other, we've known each other forever after all! we're only doing it for the money! come on, we'll split it, $500 for you and $500 for me?" he asked you with a pleading look. you sighed and read the leaflet again.

"tomorrow is the deadline to sign up."

"perfect! we still have time! so you'll do it?" changbin looked at you with big eyes.

"I'll do it... just for the money!" you said, and he started pumping his fists in the air.

'idiot..' you whispered under your breath.

●●●
was the day of the contest. you and changbin had lined up with the other couples and were waiting for the games to start.

"I'm almost certain one of the real couples will win." you whispered to him.

"oh shut up," was all he said to you.

after a few minutes, the host of the contest appeared with a microphone in her hand and a smile on her face.

"hello, everyone - participants and audience! today, we have prepared a lot of interesting challenges for our couples! first, I ask all couples to introduce themselves and say how long they have been dating!" the woman running the pageant started passing the microphone to all the couples until it was your turn. before you could take the mic, changbin took it.

he introduced you and said you have been dating for 4 whole years. and on top of that, when asked what your team's name is, he responded with 'love-hate'.

you mentally slapped your forehead.

"so, now that we've started with all the pairings, let's move on to the games!" the woman said with a smile, and everyone started clapping.