chapter 50

Chapter 50: Chapter 50: The Strange Uncle Who Deceived the Little Girl

After sending the three children to the examination room, Principal Chen waited nervously.

The exam time was 2.5 hours, from 9 am to 11:30 am.

However, he didn’t wait outside the examination room all the time, instead, he went to a friend’s tea shop for some tea.

Seeing his arrival, Principal Chen’s close friend, Zhou Cheng, teased, “You’re a busy man, what brings you here today? This is a rare occasion!”

Principal Chen laughed and replied, “I brought a few students here for an exam today!”

Zhou Cheng curiously asked, “Exam? What kind of exam would require the principal himself to lead the team? Aren’t other teachers responsible for those previous exams and competitions?”

Of course, Principal Chen couldn’t tell him the truth, so he said, “Well, all the other teachers are occupied, so I’m the one who brought the kids to take the test.”

Zhou Cheng nodded and said, “Enough talking, let’s have some tea. How long will the kids take for the exam?”

“2.5 hours!” Principal Chen replied, “From 9 am to 11:30 am. I have to pick them up at 11 am. After all, these kids are young and might be scared in this unfamiliar place.”

Actually, what he was more afraid of was Xiao Jinli running around with the other two students.

So, it’s better to go to the exam room early to catch them.

Suddenly, he thought of something and immediately put down his teacup. “Ah Cheng, I’m sorry, I just remembered something important I need to do. I’ll be back later!”

Then, without waiting for Zhou Cheng’s reaction, he hurriedly left.

When he left, he deliberately checked the time. The exam started at 9 am, and it was now 9:15 am. He hoped the girl hadn’t left the examination room yet.

Otherwise, it would be difficult for him to find her as a young girl running around in this county town without a cellphone.

Principal Chen hurried to County First Primary School, and as soon as he arrived at the school gate, he bumped into Xiao Jinli, who was just about to leave.

He knew it would be like this! Just as he suspected!

Principal Chen’s face was full of black lines.

After a moment, he put on a friendly smile and asked, “Xiao Jinli, have you finished the exam so quickly?”

Xiao Jinli nodded and said, “Yeah, after finishing those questions, sitting there was somewhat boring. If I fell asleep in the exam room, the invigilating teacher would keep casting glances at me, which would be quite uncomfortable. So, I just handed in my paper and left.”

Upon hearing this, Principal Chen urgently asked, “Do you think the questions were difficult?”

Xiao Jinli really wanted to roll her eyes at him. She said, “Principal Chen, what kind of question is that? If the questions were difficult, would I have handed in the paper without finishing them? Since I promised to do this for you, I’ll do it well. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have agreed.”

Having heard Xiao Jinli’s words, Principal Chen was so excited that he didn’t know how to express his emotions.

He nodded and said, “Good, good, that’s great! Although I don’t want to put pressure on you, I still hope you can win the big prize for me!”