chapter 16

Chapter 16: Chapter 16: The Truth Revealed 2

Wearing uniforms, the Yamen staff escorted Liu Laizi with handcuffs on his hands.

Only those suspected of illegal crimes would be handcuffed.

A very bad premonition suddenly rose in the hearts of the Liu family members.

The villagers of Liujiacun had a slightly puzzled expression on their faces.

“Why is Liu Laizi handcuffed?” A villager from Liujiacun asked in confusion.

“Yeah, even though Liu Laizi is a bit lazy and loves to drink, he hasn’t done anything terrible.”

“That’s right, why would people from the Yamen come, and with Liu Laizi too?”

Liu Bald saw the people from the Yamen, handed the hoe to his wife, and immediately ran over. He took out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, took out two, and planned to hand one to each of them.

He asked with a flattering smile, “Comrades, you’ve worked hard. Have a cigarette! ”

But he was sternly rejected.

The Yamen staff solemnly said, “During work hours, we strictly prohibit casually making connections!”

Liu Bald’s expression stiffened for a moment, but he still bowed and asked, “Actually, I just wanted to ask if Deputy Director Liu is busy today?”

The meaning was very clear – I know your Director Liu.

Of the two Yamen staff who had come, one was surnamed Guan and the other Li.

The two frowned slightly, “Deputy Director Liu, Liu Yang?”

Liu Bald immediately excitedly said, “Yes, yes, yes, it’s Liu Yang. He’s my good brother! ”

He thought that by revealing this relationship, he’d be able to ingratiate himself with the two staff members.

But Officer Li’s words felt like pouring a bucket of cold water directly on top of his head.

He said, “Oh, Liu Yang was taken away by the Disciplinary Inspection

Department this morning for alleged corruption and bribery!”

Liu’s wife was shocked and couldn’t accept it. She couldn’t believe it and said,

“How can this be! He just came to our house for dinner yesterday!”

Liu Yang was their biggest supporter in Liu Family Village.

In the past, their domestic violence against Xiao Chunhua had been fearless, all because of Liu Yang’s backing.

But now, Liu Yang was arrested in the blink of an eye.

Officer Guan didn’t want to explain to them. He said sternly, “Now is our working time, not the time for chatting!”

After that, he swept his fierce gaze over the crowd and asked sharply, “Which one of you is Liu Daqiang?”

Everyone’s eyes fell on Liu Daqiang.

Liu Daqiang’s heart instantly became flustered.

He stuttered in response, “I… I am Liu Daqiang. May I ask… what’s the matter?”

Officer Guan said solemnly, “We’ve received a report accusing you of domestic violence, assault, and slander. Please come with us to assist in our investigation!”

Liu Daqiang’s face immediately turned pale, and he stuttered nervously, “Officer, you must have gotten it wrong. I… I was framed. Don’t just believe others.”