Circe (1)

The scent of salt and seaweed clung to Circe's hair as she paced the jagged shore. A tempest raged behind her, churning the once-calm Aegean a violent grey. Lightning split the sky, briefly illuminating the figure of Helios, the sun god, his face etched with disappointment.

"This is your final chance, Circe," his voice boomed across the storm. "Return to Colchis, to your mother's embrace. Renounce these...experiments of yours."

Circe spun, her dark eyes flashing defiance. "Embrace? That cage of silk and expectation? Never, Father. Here, on Aeaea, I am free. Here, I can unlock the secrets whispered on the wind, the magic woven into every herb and stone."

Helios sighed, a sound like the wind dying down. "Magic? You call these concoctions of yours magic? They are a mockery of the divine order, a trespass into domains that are not yours to explore."

Circe straightened, her chin held high. "The only mockery is the one played upon women like me. Power resides solely with the gods, they say. But what of us, daughters of the divine? Are we to be mere ornaments?"

Helios's form flickered, the storm intensifying around him. "You are gifted, Circe. But power uncontrolled is a storm that consumes all in its path. Look at what you've done to this island! Wild beasts roam where once there were meadows. The very air crackles with your untamed will."

Circe glanced at the edge of the forest, where a pair of glowing eyes watched from the shadows. A lion, once a sailor foolish enough to land on her shores. A living testament to her growing power, and a stark reminder of her father's words.

"I can control it, Father," she pleaded. "I am learning. Give me time."

Helios shook his head, his form dissolving into the storm clouds. "Your choice, then. But know this," his voice echoed, fainter now, "the path you walk is a lonely one. There is no turning back."

Circe watched the storm dissipate, leaving behind an unnatural stillness. A lone tear traced a path down her cheek, salty as the sea breeze. Loneliness. It was a price she was prepared to pay. Here, on this windswept island, she would carve her own destiny. Here, the daughter of the sun would become a witch, a weaver of magic, a queen in her own wild domain.