Close your eyes and count to ten

"Do we seriously have to go by foot..?" I whine, carrying most of our stuff as my boyfriend is dumping half of the bug repellent's contents on his skin. He's shivering and trembling in disgust all over.

"Next time, don't force yourself to take me to someplace like this, if you're going to suffer so much... Being at home with you is good enough for me..." He doesn't seem to be listening to me.

I kick his leg, throwing him off balance. "Stop wasting that bug spray and respond to me!"

"Are you seriously jealous of bug repellent?" He smirks, getting back on his feet again. "It's not like this little can is sexier than you." 

"I'm not..! ...Just talk to me..." I look away. This is the third time today that I get embarrassed like this.

He smears a bit of the bug repellent that's left on his palms on my face, and takes some of our stuff out of my hands, freeing me up a bit. "I wouldn't want your pretty face to get any bug bites either."

We finally arrive at this... cabin. Well, it's more of a house, to be fair. It's really big. "Is this one ours?"

"Yeah!" He excitedly runs to the front door and fiddles with his keys.

"You said you rented a cabin... not a whole family house..."

"You wouldn't want to play hide-and-seek in a tiny cabin, would you?" He opens the door, and we walk inside, greeted by the smell of charcoal.

We throw our baggage on the ground and sigh, finally getting the weight off our shoulders. 

My boyfriend keeps turning his head, looking around the place. There are stairs leading to a second floor, and below them is a door leading to, presumably, a cellar. Although I don't see us going in there for any reason.

To our left is a living room with a large fireplace and even a television, and the kitchen is likely behind the corner that blocks our view. To our right is the garage, but we don't have a car, so that's not needed either.

"Close your eyes and count to ten," he commands.

...I suppose we're indeed going to play hide-and-seek. I close my eyes.

"One... Two... Three... Four..."

I hear his footsteps fading away...

"Five... Six... Seven... Eight..."

I can't hear him anymore...

"Nine... Ten! Here I come!"

I walk up the stairs, because that's where I heard his footsteps fade away.

To the left is a door, and to the right is... also a door. Across from me is a little accent table with a drawer. I don't think he'd fit in this drawer, so I go through the door on the right.

I end up in a bathroom with a shower, and even a bathtub. That's... cool. We could take a bath together.

Speaking of bath, I check if he's hiding inside of the bathtub. He's not. Well, that'd be dumb anyway. Although, he is dumb enough to do it...

Most of the furniture here is see-through, and he's clearly not here, so exit the bathroom and enter the door on the left... the bedroom.

There's a big window right above the bed frame, of which the curtains are open, showing that the sky has already turned dark. I approach said window to see how high we are.

We're on the first floor, after all, yet I still can't see the canopy. It's very cosy this way.

But, let's get back to looking for my boyfriend.