How?

A/n

Well this definitely took time...

Not edited.

*****

It feels like a punch. Tears fill my eyes, and I wonder how I could be upset over losing something I never had.

- Jodi Picoult

*****

Anna

This was not how I had supposed my evening would be going. I had thought I would be facing the torture of maintaining pose and grace, to maintain a dignified front for our pack. I had thought I would spend the evening wallowing in misery, forced to meet and greet people as fake as my second hand Prada bag. What I had not thought I would be doing this evening was trying to ignore the burning sensation at the back of my head as I moved around the ballroom greeting one pack leader to the other.

It was getting on my nerves. I could feel his stare even when I was at the other end of the room. It never strayed away from me. But the moment I turned to look at him, he seemed engrossed talking to one female or the other.

That was the second thing getting on my nerves. The way some unmated females were flocking him, trying to get his attention. Touching him when they had no right, no right whatsoever. My wolf who had gone silent, was back now. But I could feel the change in energy in her. She was not holding back, her power was crashing inside of me with full force. She was more than ready, to go out there and tear the hands that were touching him and the man himself for not stopping them.

I thanked the lord for the therapy lessons, or this ballroom would have turned into a bloody war ground. But still I could feel my aura rising. My wolf was making her presence known. The uneasy faces around me were proof enough that I had to get out of here as soon as possible. I was not sure for how long I could control her.

Dad, who standing a little further away from me, suddenly straightened. His head whipped towards me, eyes wide as another wave of power crashed into me. He was beside me the very next second. He excused us and took me to a side, his hands guiding me as I suddenly felt dizzy.

"What's happening chica?" He sounded so damn worried. I could see in his eyes as every memory flashed through them, making his fear more prominent.

"I n-need the medicine, she's ang-ry. I don't know for how long I can c-control her."

His eyes widened. He knew better than to ask questions at this moment. His eyes glazed over as he mind linked someone. His hands rubbing a soothing motions on my back. I leaned into him trying to seek comfort from his presence. Willing my wolf to control her. If she was to lose control now, it would lead to serious problems.

"I need you to take deep breaths," he tried to sound calm but I could still feel the fear and worry radiating out of him. Infact I could smell many different emotions in the air. My senses were getting sharp. My vision more clear. I knew soon my eyes would also change their colours.

This was getting worse. I had to do something. Pronto!

I stumbled away from my dad, walking straight towards the door of the ballroom. I could feel eyes on me, judging, criticizing and finally realising.

They knew, not all but some of them definitely knew by now what I was. Ofcourse they bloody knew!

I was out of the door the next second, but I could still hear the hushed whispers, the word 'monster' and 'experiment' being the prominent ones.