Mate

A/n

Not edited.

Disclaimer -
The images used in this book belong to their rightful owner.

*****

What a plot twist you were.

- faraway

*****

Anna

Julia's work was magical. There was no better way to describe it. Though she has talked my ear off during the entire process but still I could not help but enjoy listening to her stories. Most of them included Sam, who I now knew was a 7 year old boy, who liked the colour blue, minions and everything sweet and also had the tendency of always being in trouble. Though I was still not quite sure why I had become so comfortable with her within such a small period of time, my wolf trusted her and so did I. In a way I have learnt to trust my wolf's instincts, they have saved me too many times from trouble.

"You look gorgalicious." She swooned, looking too proud of her work.

"Oh but look at the time! We're late. You have to move." She exclaimed already pushing me towards the door.

I thanked her for her help, I had already apologized for what happened this morning, I explained that I had some reasons for being wary of her and apparently she knew who I was so she was a little understanding and was ready to forgive me if I kept her secret safe with me.

"Oh you're welcome. But don't forget before you leave tomorrow you have to tell me how you managed to get out of my grandmother's clutches."

I had already given her a gist of what happened, not really going into details but she was kinda stubborn about knowing the details, so I had to change the topic numerous times today. But still I nodded my head.

Soon I was out of the door, there were still some people who were on their way to the celebrations, so I followed them down the stairs. I could see my dad and a few of our pack members standing together and chatting, all looking glammed up and beautiful. At first I had thought that maybe my dress was a little too much, but seeing how almost everyone else was also in a similar attire I felt better about my choice. I made my way towards dad greeting some people on the way. As soon as dad turned towards me his face lightened up with a smile.

"Oh dear you look beautiful!" His eyes turned moist almost immediately. "Your mother would have been so proud of you."

"I know dad." I said giving him a hug.
The fear that today might be my last night with him, however slim the chances I thought were, propelled me to throw myself into his arms. And as if he could feel my distress he rubbed my back in a soothing manner. I remembered he used to do this whenever I had panic attacks.

"It's going to be okay dear, you don't have to worry so much. Just remember whatever may happen just keep a open heart." I nodded not ready to say my worst fears out loud yet.

Soon we were guided out of house, there were cars ready to take us to the castle where the celebrations were going to take place. Dad's words still resonated in my mind.

The one who would need to keep an open mind would be my mate. Afterall he would be paired with a monster.

*****

The ride to the castle was short but nerve wracking. There was this ball of anxiety churning in my stomach. I could feel it in my bones that I was not going to turn back to my life after this night. And the thought of why I was getting this feeling made me freeze unable to get out of the car. Before I could get my heartbeat in control there was a knock on my window. One of the guards requesting me to get out of the car. I shook my nerves off, finally getting out of the car. I had been so busy getting my nerves in control, I had completely forgotten where I was. As soon as I looked up, I gasped in shock.