Chapter 63 Take precautions

Start from the beginning

Su Panyan said: "Xijun, you know, Miss Xie used to be infatuated with your second brother, but now she has become too involved with Third Young Master Zhou. I'm really worried about whether she has ulterior motives."

Cui Xijun said nothing, and the hand holding the cup was trembling slightly.

Xie Miao!

Cui Xijun covered her eyes with her hands and laughed at herself: "It's really ridiculous. I was just thinking about whether I treated her too harsh in the past, but it turns out that she wanted to steal my things. My mother, my brother, even the person I like..."

Su Panyan blurted out uncontrollably, "She lost her father and mother when she was young. She must be envious of your noble birth and being loved by others, it's inevitable that she would feel..."

What is inevitable?

Cui Xijun's eyes were cold: Does she want to replace her?

Su Panyan sat next to her and held her gently, "Xijun, since you already know, just take more precautions against her in the future."

How to prevent it? Madam Xie is about to give birth to a child, and Xie Miao's position in Cui Mansion will only become stronger.

Cui Xijun couldn't help but think of Cui Xining, the second sister with whom she had a close relationship, and now she has turned to Xie Miao's arms...

Cui Xijun felt a burst of anger in her heart, mixed with unspeakable grievances, "Panyan, answer me truthfully, is she better or I'm better?"

Su Panyan didn't even think about it, "Of course it's you!"

Cui Xijun's eyes were covered with a thin layer of water, and she said with emotion: "Panyan, you are still the best."

Su Panyan persisted for a while, pretending to look away unintentionally to hide her almost uncontrollable guilt.

*

Having just suffered a loss, Cui Xijun did not lose her mind and rush directly to Xie Miao's courtyard to make a fuss. There is no basis for saying some things. Even if Xie Miao is to be punished, it must be proved after she catches the evidence.

She secretly inquired about Zhou Niannan's whereabouts.

Since joining the Yulin Guards, Zhou Niannan has changed from his past idleness. He can no longer be found in gambling houses and restaurants, but some people often see him in the Shenfeng Barracks and the Royal Martial Arts Training Ground.

When others saw this, they simply expressed their approval and praised: He is indeed the son of Marquis Dingyuan! Even if he was just a dandy when he was young, he is still impressive when he is serious! Speaking of which, the newly born Ninth Prince has Dingyuan Marquis as his backer, so who else would be the crown prince——

Rumours are noisy and undercurrents are surging.

Zhou Niannan sent people to arrest the scholar who led the spread of rumours and gave him a severe lesson. He also gave them a list of names and asked them to target the chief above the names. They were to rack their brains, even if they have to make up some scandal, to get the person to come out.

People are forgetful and soon turned to other things to talk about.

Something else happened during this period: Princess Rui suddenly died of illness, and Princess Qingyang hurriedly returned to Yandu to mourn her, and she will stay in mourning for at least three years.

The Empress's wishful thinking failed, which was very unpleasant. But Zhou Niannan shouted happily that the problem of Qingyang was finally solved! But before long, he stopped laughing again.