Chapter Forty-Two: Unleashed [Part 2]

Start from the beginning

"What is this?" Harris called. I exited the classroom, finding a bloodied Ethan on the ground with Danny crouching by his side.

"He just came at me." Ethan groaned.

"Isaac, what the hell did you do?" Harris questioned as the beta stood in the middle of the hallway, dumbfounded and just as confused as the rest of us.

☾☾☾

Scott and I waited outside the principals office for twenty minutes before Isaac had finished getting reprimanded by Principal Thomas. The Beta exited the office, jaw clenched and begrudgingly explained what happened with the twins and that he managed to avoid suspension.

"I don't care if I didn't get suspended. They're going to pay for what they did." Isaac hissed.

"Don't let it bother you. It's just lunch time detention. If all they want right now is to piss you off, then don't give in. They're just trying to get to you." Scott pleaded as we stopped beside Isaac's locker.

"It's not just me." Isaac scoffed, looking across the hall. My soft expression fell as I followed Isaac's gaze to find Lydia at her locker with Aiden by her side.

"Do you have an IQ higher than 170?" Lydia cheekily responded, closing her locker door and leaning against it as she flirtatiously looked up to the Alpha.

"Alright you can help me." Aiden suggested. Lydia scoffed, her red lips forming into a smirk. "Tonight then?" Lydia playfully patted her hand against Aiden's chest before she walked away, waving at me in the meantime. Scott and I ignored Lydias wave, our attention fully on Aiden, who smirked at us and disappeared down the hallway. My lips curled into a scowl, my jaw clenching tight.

"What?" Scott gritted through his teeth.

"Now they're getting to you two too." Isaac let out a low, sarcastic laugh before walking away.

"We need to make sure she doesn't go anywhere near him."

"It's like when Derek was targeting her all over again." I reminisced, pulling my phone out to check for any messages again. None.

"Let's go talk to her." Scott ordered. I checked the time, noticing that the lunch period was right around the corner. I quickly calculated the math, debating if I had enough time to get to and from Derek's in enough time to get back prior to English.

"I gotta go run an errand. Can you go talk to her? I promise I'll be back super quick."
"An errand? Who are you, Mom?"

"I got to go to Dereks really quick."

"Dereks." He repeated.

"He isn't..." I paused. Oh God, this was heading into stage five clinger territory. "Just trust me. I'll be back before English."

☾☾☾

My foot anxiously tapped against the ground as my fingertip pressed the up arrow to call the elevator. Derek's building was silent, not a person in sight as if no one else even lived here.

The feeling that something bad was about to happen hit me like a truck the second I'd pulled into the parking lot. The feeling swirled around me like an aura of impending doom. It's your anxiety, I assured myself. I was on edge from seeing Kyle's mutilated body. And then there was the fact that there was the slight possibility Stiles' crazy idea wasn't so crazy and that there were now human sacrifices.

Yet, the more I tried to assure myself the feeling grew heavier on my chest.

"You're fine." I whispered to myself as the elevator dinged, the silver doors parting to allow me inside. I impatiently pressed the button to the top floor several times, relieved to finally watch the doors close once again. The elevator slowly rose to the top of the building, every creak of the lift causing my body to flinch. I promised myself over and over that I was overreacting—turning into a complete lunatic over the fact Derek was busy. That's all he was. Busy.