Chapter 3: Pack Mentality

Chapter Three: Pack Mentality

Chapter Song: Running Up That Hill by Meg Myers

☾☾☾

"So that's it? You killed her?" I asked my brother as he looked back and forth between Stiles and I. Scott knew I was no stranger to nightmares, especially vivid ones, so he thought he'd confide in me to discuss the nightmare that kept him up all of last night. Apparently, he had killed Allison inside a school bus after a steamy make out session. He was freaked at how real the nightmare had felt.

"I don't know. I just woke up." Scott shrugged. "I was sweating like crazy and I couldn't breath. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that."

"Really? I have. It usually ends a little differently." Stiles grinned.

"Ugh, I could have gone my whole life without knowing that." I groaned.

"A, I've never had a dream that felt that real and b, never give me that much detail about you in bed again."

"Noted." Stiles grinned.

"Do you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow? Like I'm going to lose control and rip her throat out?" Scott wondered as we continued down the school hallway.

"No, of course not." Stiles paused. "Yeah, that's totally it." I sighed.

"Nooo, it's not." I thumped Stiles head. "Nightmares are derived from the fear in the back of your mind. You're worried about killing her, hence the sexy little blood fest." I smirked.

"Are you sure?" Scott tugged on his lip with his teeth.

"Unlike Dr. McCall over here, I think you're going to be fine. Personally I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a lycanthropy for beginners class you can take."

"Well, not a class, but a teacher." Scott suggested.Stiles thumped the back of Scott's head.

"Derek? Are you kidding me? You're asking mister tall, dark, and brooding for advice?" I spat. 

"Didn't you tell me to go to him like last week?"

"That was before you threw him in jail!" I exclaimed.

"Did you just magically forget the whole framing him for his sisters murder?" Stiles sarcastically asked. 

"Yeah, I know guys! But, chasing her—dragging her to the back of the bus felt so real." Scott didn't grasp the idea of a vivid nightmare though he'd been dealing with mine for a while now.

"How real?" Stiles wondered.

"Like it actually happened." Scott sighed as we walked through the back doors to head to the lacrosse field. Our eyes grew wide seeing a gruesome scene in front of us: a bloody school bus with the back door ripped off it's hinges. There were claw marks deep in the metal. Blood was splattered absolutely everywhere. Police were scouring the area. My stomach twisted into knots. I thought I was going to be sick.

"Oh my God." I whispered. 

"I think you did." Stiles gasped. My eyes darted to look at Scott, who turned on his heel and began rushing through the hallway we had just come down. Stiles went to chase after him while I stood glued in my spot. The Scott I knew cringed over getting his blood drawn at the doctor. He couldn't have ripped someone apart like that...could he?

☾☾☾

Instead of going to class, I opted to hide in the library to wait out the sick feeling in my stomach. Scott had texted me that while Allison was, in fact, alive and well, the cops had found a body inside the bus and, though the guy wasn't dead, he was in pretty bad shape. Stiles thought the guy looked fairly okay for being mauled by a werewolf.