Chapter Twenty Six: Party Guessed (Part 1)

Chapter Song: Buzzcut Season by Lorde

☾☾☾

Everything felt unusually peaceful as I opened my eyes. I scanned my surroundings, finding myself in the backyard of a large brick house. Pink balloons and twinkling lights were tied up along the columns while half drank wine glasses littered the tales and chairs. I took a step forward, my black heels kicking an empty plastic glass in front of me. Where was everyone? 

"Hello?" I called. Silence was my only answer. My eyes wandered, realizing that the familiar feel of the backyard was all too real. "Scott? Stiles?" I called.

The quiet noise of bubbling caught my attention, my eyes drifting over to the illuminated pool to find the water gurgling. MI kneeled down to the ground, my knees scraping against the stone pavers. The bubbling slowly moved slower to the pools edge—closer to me—before stopping. My eyes squinted, trying to make out a colorful object hovering in the water. I leaned in closer, realizing it was a tangle of purple flowers suspended in the water. They soon turned into nothing but a cloud of purple until they morphed into a vision of Jackson's face. His beady blue eyes glared right into mine.

"Help me." He pleaded. My brows formed a tight line, why was Jackson under there? I reached my hand out, grazing the crystal clear waters surface. Just as the tips of my fingers broke the surface, a green, scaly hand shot out and engulfed my wrist.

And with that, a blood curdling scream ripped from my lungs.

☾☾☾

My eyes quickly shot opened, a quiet gasp escaping my mouth as I awoke. Immediately, my brows knitted together as I stared up at a used metal ceiling.

This wasn't my room.

I slowly sat up, my hands propping me as I looked around the room. My confusion deepened as I realized I found myself in one of Derek's train carts. I was sprawled out on one of the seats in the back. Had I fallen asleep here?

A tugging at my left hand caught my attention. It moved from propping up my aching body to in front of my vision where I was surprised to find a white bandage wrapped tightly around the palm. My brows furrowed once more. Using my good hand, I quickly began unraveling the bandage. My paced slowed once skin began showing, and finally the bandage dropped into my lap. The skin of my palm was red and blistered. Burned. Except, it was already half way healed.

"Care to explain that?" My head lurched up to see Derek standing at the front of the train cart. I shouldn't have been surprised for him to pop out of no where. Instinctively, I closed up my injured hand. 

"I was hoping to ask you the same thing." I admitted, my throat dry. A silence overcame us. I swung my legs over the side of the long bench. 

"What are you not telling me?" He asked. Taken aback by the question, I looked at the Alpha with perplexity. This day was getting stranger than my dreams. 

"What?" I asked, shaking my head in confusion as I couldn't figure out what Derek was attempting to imply.

"Your hand? It's a burn. From wolfsbane." He stated, his voice a fraction louder than before. All I could do was stare at him. My eyes narrowed, my head shaking as I attempted to form words. "What are you not telling me?" 

"What? Nothing." I shook my head again.

"Peter put his claws into you, did something happen you didn't tell me?" Derek stepped forward, his body tense and defensive. My brows rose, astonished.