Chapter 27: Head Underwater

Dani's chest tightened with every gasping breath as she felt herself sinking deeper into a suffocating abyss, the weight of despair pressing down on her like an anchor dragging her beneath the surface. She could scarcely distinguish reality from the disorienting haze of her thoughts, each heartbeat echoing in her ears like a distant drumbeat signaling her descent into darkness.

The once vibrant colors of her surroundings now seemed muted and distant, as if viewed through a thick fog that obscured the world around her. The warmth that had once filled her heart now felt like a distant memory, replaced by a numbing coldness that seeped into her bones with every passing moment.

In Bang Gui Nam's office, Dani felt like a fragile doll trapped in the clutches of a malevolent puppeteer. His snake-like arms coiled around her with a suffocating grip that left her feeling powerless and helpless. She was a prisoner in her own mind, trapped in a nightmare from which she could not escape.

It was as if the world's weight had come crashing down upon her all at once, crushing her spirit beneath its relentless burden. The walls of her resolve crumbled like sandcastles before the relentless tide, leaving her feeling adrift in a sea of hopelessness and despair.

This moment marked the ultimate surrender for Kang Dan-bi, the once unbreakable person now breakable. She was tired—tired of fighting, tired of pretending, tired of being strong.

In that moment of crushing defeat, Dani yearned for the sweet release of oblivion, to be swept away by the currents of fate and carried far from the torment of her own mind. She had reached the end of her rope and was now ready to let go.

...

Daisuke's jaw clenched as he struggled to contain his rising anger, his fists trembling as he glared daggers at Gui Nam. The mere sight of the producer filled him with a seething rage, his presence in the hospital room an unwelcome intrusion that threatened to shatter the fragile peace they had managed to maintain.

The air in the room grew heavy with tension as everyone turned their gaze upon Gui Nam, their expressions a mixture of disbelief and indignation. How could he have the audacity to show his face here after what he had done to Dani?

"What the hell are you doing here?" Daisuke demanded, his voice laced with barely contained fury.

Gui Nam's smirk widened as he nonchalantly held up the flowers in his hand as if they were some kind of peace offering. "I'm here to see our Dani," he replied casually as if his presence were the most natural thing in the world. After she left my office, she seemed a bit... distraught. I just wanted to make sure she's okay."

Daisuke's eyes narrowed at Gui Nam's words, his suspicions growing with each moment. "And what was Dani doing in your office?" he pressed, taking a step closer to the producer, his tone sharp with accusation.

Gui Nam's grin only widened, a sickening display of smugness that made Daisuke's blood boil. "We were just having a bit of fun," he said with a wink, his words dripping with insinuation.

The room fell silent as Gui Nam's words hung in the air, the implications of his statement sinking in with a sickening weight. Everyone exchanged incredulous glances, unable to comprehend the depths of Gui Nam's depravity.

"Oh, you didn't know that?" Gui Nam continued, his tone mocking. "We've been seeing each other for a while now. I've been giving her all sorts of... opportunities."

Daisuke's chest tightened with a mix of anger and disbelief as Gui Nam's words sank in. The very thought of Dani being manipulated and exploited by the likes of him filled him with a sense of nauseating disgust.