Chapter 26: The Winner Takes It All

The atmosphere inside the car on the way home from the mall was tense, with an unspoken tension hanging heavy in the air.. Sakura couldn't help but feel the weight of Dani's silence pressing down on her, her friend's furrowed brows and clenched jawline betraying the turmoil brewing beneath the surface.

After what felt like an eternity of waiting, Dani finally walked out of the mall, her steps heavy and her expression etched with a deep-seated frustration that seemed to radiate off her in waves. Sakura watched her friend's approach with a mixture of concern and confusion, her heart pounding in her chest as she braced herself for whatever news awaited her.

"Are you okay?" Sakura ventured tentatively as Dani climbed into the car, her voice laced with genuine concern.

Dani blinked, as if snapping out of a trance, her features softening slightly as she turned to face Sakura. "What?" she murmured, her voice distant and distracted. It was as if her mind was still grappling with the events of earlier, her thoughts a tangled mess of emotions and unanswered questions.

Sakura studied Dani's expression for a moment, her own worry mirroring in her eyes as she reached out to gently touch her friend's arm. "Are you okay?" she asked again, her voice filled with genuine concern.

Dani let out a sigh, her anger slowly dissipating as she met Sakura's gaze with a faint smile. "Yeah, I'm fine," she reassured Sakura, her tone soft and reassuring. "I'm just... processing everything that happened earlier, that's all," she added, her words trailing off as she struggled to articulate the turmoil swirling within her.

As they pulled into the dorm's parking lot, Sakura prepared to step out of the car, but Dani remained seated, her hands gripping the steering wheel tightly as if reluctant to let go.

"I have to do some things at the company," Dani explained, her voice tinged with a note of urgency. "I won't be long," she assured Sakura before offering her a fleeting smile and driving off into the night, leaving Sakura to ponder the mysteries of Dani's troubled mind in the quiet solitude of the empty parking lot.

...

With determined strides, Dani marched down the corridor towards Bang Gui Nam's office, her footsteps echoing off the polished marble floors with a resolute rhythm. The secretary's forced smile faltered as Dani approached, a flicker of apprehension crossing her features as she attempted to intercept the determined young woman.

"Ahh, Dani," the secretary greeted, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "Mr. Bang isn't really in the mood to-"

Ignoring the secretary's feeble attempts to dissuade her, Dani pushed past the doors to Bang Gui Nam's office, her jaw set in determination as she fixed her gaze on the man behind the desk.

"Bang Gui Nam!" she called out, her voice ringing with authority as she strode closer to his desk, her eyes ablaze with righteous fury.

"Ahh, Dani," Bang Gui Nam greeted with a deceptive smile, his tone smooth and composed. "I didn't expect you so soon," he remarked, his expression betraying none of the tension simmering beneath the surface.

"You followed me?" Dani demanded, her voice sharp with accusation. "What the hell?"

Bang Gui Nam's smile widened ever so slightly, a glint of amusement dancing in his eyes as he regarded Dani with a cool detachment. "Oh, you found out, did you?" he mused, his tone dripping with condescension.

"It wasn't hard when two men were tailing us in a mall," Dani shot back, her voice laced with contempt. "Why did you have your goons follow me? If you have something to say, don't send your lackeys. Have the balls to confront me yourself," she spat.