Chapter 22: The Invitation

Yunjin, Chaewon, Eunchae, and Kazuha walked together through the elevator. As they ascended, Yunjin asked, "So, do you think Dani-Unnie will be home?"

Chaewon tried to reason with Yunjin. "Don't be mad, Jinnie. It's not Dani-Unnie's fault that she has a shoot."

Yunjin seemed unconvinced. "Chae-Unnie, you always defend her," she said disappointedly. "She could at least spend some time with us. It feels like we hardly see her anymore."

Eunchae stepped in to defend Dani. "She's doing her best, Unnie. And she always eats with us."

Kazuha added, "Yeah, it's not like we never see her. She's just busy with work."

Yunjin rolls her eyes. They would be mad, too, if she forgot their birthday.

"Look, I know ever since the comeback, Dani-Unnie has been busy, but she's really good at her job, and they need her," Chaewon explains. "I know it's not the best, but I promise once everything calms down, she'll be able to be around."

"Don't people realize we need her, too," Yunjin said.

...

As the girl's got to the dorm, they noticed Sakura lounging on the couch, lost in thought. "Hey, Kkura-Unnie, is Dani-Unnie around?" Yunjin inquired, hoping for a positive response.

Before Sakura could respond, Dani came down the staircase, her eyes locked on the ground as if in a trance. Ignoring Sakura, she shuffled past her and made a beeline for the girls.

"Dani-Unnie! You're finally home!" Eunchae said as she ran to her and tackled her into a hug

"Aigoo, my babies are home at last!" Dani exclaimed, her face lighting up with a smile as she returned the embrace.

As Chaewon put the groceries down, she notices that Dani's eyes are swollen, as if she had been crying. She immediately expresses her concern, "Are you okay, Dani-Unnie?"

Dani flashes a faint smile, trying to put on a brave face, "I'm okay," she replies, still slightly down. She then takes a deep breath and shifts her attention to the groceries, "Let's see what you girls got!"

As she rummages through the bag of groceries, Dani's face lights up with joy. She spots all her favorite snacks in the bag. However, her excitement is short-lived as she realizes nothing is healthy in the bag. She gave the girls her "mom look" and said, "There's nothing healthy here." She said.

Kazuha pointed a finger at Eunchae. "It was all Eunchae's idea!" she exclaimed.

Eunchae, however, was quick to defend herself. "No, it wasn't me!" she protested. "It was all Jinnie's idea!"

Dani watched their exchange with amusement, feeling grateful for their lighthearted banter. "It's okay," she interjected. "I'll go to the store."

 "Do you want someone to go with you?" Chaewon asked.

Dani flashed a smile, her eyes betraying a hint of sadness. "No, it's okay," she said. "I think I need to go outside and get some fresh air. Maybe clear my head a bit." With that, she turned on her heels and walked out the door.

...

As Dani strolls down the streets of Seoul, her mind is preoccupied with her recent conversation with Sakura. She feels a sense of unease as she replays the conversation in her head, wondering if she may have been too harsh towards her friend. Despite Sakura's well-intentioned advice, Dani couldn't help but feel hurt and slightly offended. As she approaches the convenience store, she can't shake off the thought of Sakura being right. Maybe she is putting her own feelings above the girls.