𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

Începe de la început

Juniper narrowed her eyes, turning to look at him. "I'm not."

"Juniper, this isn't up for debate. You have been sitting in your room for three months, you barely eat, you don't sleep. I don't even see you anymore, you dodge me every time I come in the room. If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me. I'm new at this. . . this. . ."

"Whole being a father thing." Juniper finished.

Sirius nodded. He let out a soft sigh. "I understand you're grieving, I am too, but you can't shut the people who love you out like this. It's not good for you. You're not alone in this, you know."

Juniper clenched her jaw. "I don't need anyone's pity."

"No one is giving you pity, Juniper. You lost your mother, people caring about you is not the same thing as pity. So, you're going to go to the Weasley's, and you're going to let your friends be there for you, and I don't want to hear any complaining." Sirius sternly said. Juniper opened her mouth to protest. "This is not up for debate. I won't sit here and watch you whither away." He paused. "I lost her too, you know. I'm not losing you as well."

Juniper swallowed. "I know." She walked back down the two steps she had went up. "I'm sorry."

Sirius shook his head. "Don't apologize." He pulled her into a hug and Juniper hugged him back. "Everyone cope's in their own ways. But it hurts sitting here and watching you fall apart and not being able to do anything about it." He pressed a kiss to the top of her head, resting his chin there.

"I'm sorry." Juniper whispered. "I'll go to the Weasley's, maybe a change of scenery would be nice." She pulled away, looking up to meet his eyes. "For the record, you're doing a good job at the whole being a father thing."

Sirius gave her a small smile before nodding his head towards the stairs. "Go get your things." Juniper nodded before walking up the steps. A few minutes later she came back down with her trunk. Shadow let out a bark and Sirius watched as his daughter kneeled down, rubbing the dogs fur before pressing a kiss to his head.

"Behave while I'm gone." Juniper softly said. Shadow licked her in response. Juniper stood and they walked over to the fire place, using the Floo Network. When the green flames disappeared, Juniper stepped into the home of the Weasley's. Her father followed behind her, setting her trunk gently on the ground. The two Black's turned their heads when they heard approaching footsteps.

Molly came around the corner and smiled. "Sirius, Juniper."

Molly gave Sirius a hug. "It's good to see you, Molly."

"You as well, Sirius." Molly replied before turning to look at Juniper. "Hermione, Ron, and Harry are upstairs sweetheart."

"Thanks," Juniper mumbled.

"I'll see you for Christmas, little star." Sirius said, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "I love you."

Juniper nodded. "I love you too." Sirius left and Juniper hesitated before forcing herself to walk up the stairs. She stood in front of the doorway that led to Ron's room, Harry, Hermione, and Ron sitting on the floor and talking. She should just turn around now and leave.

"Jay," Hermione's voice stopped her in her tracks.

Juniper looked at the three of them. "Uh, hi." Hesitantly, she walked into the room, taking a seat on the floor.

"Why didn't you respond to any of our letters?" Hermione immediately chastised. "We were worried about you. Ron had to stop me from going to your house myself."