❝︎CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱 ━︎━︎ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 to their next destination, a silence about them minus Ron's radio that was listing off names of the wizards that had been killed. Juniper had listened, closing her eyes in relief when no one's name she recognized came from the radio. Ron was taking his turn wearing the necklace, Juniper would be next and quite frankly she wasn't excited for it at all. When Death Eaters flew by, they hid in a barn they had walked by and when the Death Eaters were gone they continued their trek. They walked for most of the day, coming to a stop when they found the encampments. Harry was standing by himself as Juniper sat on the ground, not caring it was wet. Hermione and Ron sat beside her.

"He doesn't know what he's doing, does he?" Ron asked as Hermione fixed his bandage.

Hermione looked at Harry. "None of us do."

"Alright, Ron." Juniper sighed. "It's my turn." Ron looked at her before handing her the locket. Juniper placed it around her neck and her body recoiled at the touch. Her stomach churned with nauseous and Juniper tightly closed her eyes.

Hermione noticed. "Are you alright?"

Juniper forced herself to nod and smile. "Peachy."

When they woke up the next morning, they immediately began their trek again. When they stopped again, they set their tent up right beside the lake, a forest ahead of them which meant they could hunt for food which is what Ron and Harry were currently doing. Juniper hadn't been able to wear the locket for long and it went through them again and once again it was Ron's turn.

Harry and Ron had come back unsuccessful and Juniper was watching with amusement as Ron tried to teach Hermione how to skip rocks. She softly chuckled and shook her head before walking into the tent. Harry looked up when she walked in and Juniper walked over to him.

"Had any luck with that thing?" Harry asked, nodding his head towards the journal that was sitting on the table.

Juniper sighed, shaking her head. "No. I haven't the slightest clue how to open it. I've tried different spells but nothing's working." Juniper picked up the journal, examining it. "I keep thinking about how Dumbledore addressed it in the letter, that I would feel closer to home. What do you think that means?"

Harry shook his head. "I don't know."

Juniper pursed her lips. "Home," she mumbled. "I never saw Grimmauld Place as my home, not at first anyways. Home was simply where my mother was." She frowned. "Closer to home."

Harry watched as the puzzle pieces slowly started to piece themselves together. "Do you think it could have something to do with your mother?"

"Maybe." Juniper breathed. She sat the journal down, looking at Harry. "Harry, is something bothering you?" Harry shook his head and Juniper sent him a look. "Harry, you know you can tell me anything."