❝︎CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 on her bed, flipping through the journal and scanning the words on the page. There was so much information in there regarding the Order and everything that happened during the first war, it was starting to give Juniper a headache if she was being completely honest. Not only that, but it had also transformed into her mother's personal diary. Hermione was sitting outside the tent, still angry with Ron. Juniper couldn't blame her. Hermione valued her friendships, and watching Ron turn his back on them like that had hurt her. She had a right to be angry. Juniper was just glad that he was okay and had come back like she knew he would―︎it would've been quite embarrassing if she had been wrong about that.

Ron and Harry were talking quietly with one another, Ron handing Harry a wand that he had gotten off a snatcher while he'd been away. She glanced up, watching as Harry pointed it at the flame in front of him. "Engorgio." The flame erupted from a small flame to a giant one. Harry quickly yelled, "Reducio!" and the flame went back to normal size.

"What's going on in there?" Hermione called.

"Nothing!" Harry and Ron simultaneously answered and Juniper snickered in amusement.

Hermione entered the tent, the look on her face making Juniper close her journal. "We need to talk."

Ron nodded. "Yeah, alright."

Hermione looked at him before walking past the two boys. Juniper stood from her bed, watching her girlfriend. She didn't like the look that was on her face, not at all. Hermione looked between the three of them before saying, "I want to go see Xenophilius Lovegood."

Harry furrowed his brows. "Sorry?"

Hermione opened the book in her head, flipping to a specific page and then showing it to Harry. "See this? It's a letter Dumbledore wrote to Grindelwald. Look at the signature. It's the mark again. It keeps cropping up." She took a seat on the step. "In 'Beedle the Bard'. In the graveyard in Godric's Hollow."

"It was there, too." Harry said.

Juniper frowned. "Where?"

"Outside Gregorovitch's wand shop." Harry answered.

Ron looked at him. "But what does it mean?"

"Look, you've got no idea where the next horcrux is, and neither do I." Hermione started. "But this―︎this means something. I'm sure of it."

"Yeah." Ron agreed, walking over to her. Juniper cocked her head slightly, watching with raised brows and pure amusement. "Hermione's right. We ought to see Lovegood. Uh, let's vote on it. Those in favor?" Ron raised his hand while the three of them just stared at him. After a moment, Ron lowered his hand and Hermione walked away.