Chapter 18

Two years have since passed, Elena is sat in her English class when all off a sudden Poison Ivy walks in.  She grabs Elena's arm and pulls her out the class, "I'll just be two minutes with Elena and then you can have her right back" says Mrs Fletcher as she's dragging Elena out.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING ELENA." "oh you know exactly what i did Mrs Fletcher." "ELENA it is untruthful and you should know better you aren't 14 anymore." 

"I was telling staff the truth, something you lack understanding off. I know i have Dyspraxia and you can't tell me otherwise because i know for a fact that it is in my medical history." 

Mrs Fletcher looks around before slapping Elena across both her wrists. "YOU ARE THE VEIN OF MY EXISTANCE MISS ROBINSON, YOU CANNOT GO AROUND TELLING PEOPLE THAT YOU GET 25% EXTRA TIME IN EXAMS WHEN YOU KNOW FULL WELL THAT YOU ONLY GET 10% EXTRA TIME." 

"And you can't slap students just because you know their right and your in the wrong, i could report this issue." "Oh you stupid little girl nothing will get done because i'm more superior than you. You can report me all you like but i'll just deny it and don't forget this school doesn't have CCTV footage directly outside classrooms or bathrooms, so who do you think will listen to a stupid pathetic weak little girl like you?"

Poison Ivy had overstepped the line and not only that but she had won this dispute. Feeling defeated Elena makes her way back into English. She decides "so what if poison ivy was right? Nobody notices me anyways, what difference would it make if she was in the classroom or in the library? Was she really just an illusion to her classmates? People would either see me or not see me. She'd been feeling like this for quite some time now but she just didn't want to tell anybody in case it wasn't a normal thing to be having thoughts like this. It had been getting worse everyday since her 15th birthday. 

Over the last couple of years Elena had been having a reduced timetable by that it was she either made her way over to lessons or she'd sit and wait for the whole day to simply just pass by her and nobody ever seemed to care. She'd heard people call her the human equivalent to a regular statue. She felt imprisoned by life and as though if she told people they'd call her a liar when it was nothing but the truth. She'd made it to 3 off her lessons this year and she only had 2 days till her GCSES began. Her mother had been driving her in because she'd noticed Elena couldn't even signal for a bus, she was deeply concerned about her and Elena felt it a lot more than she lead on.

Elena's sports teacher had noticed her lack of interest and would regularly come over and check in on her, she felt as though her and Mr Bailey were like her school version of parents it was one of the only reasons she would bother going to school at all. Elena's sports teacher would even make sure that Elena kept coming to P.E. because even though Elena didn't much like the other students in her class, she loved working out with her even if it was kind of teachers pet behaviour she didn't care in the slightest.

They'd tried to get Elena into a maths class with Mr Spanish (Ironically he couldn't even so much as say Hola) but this wasn't even a proper maths class, she would then get put into a smaller group where it was just her and two other students. None of who could communicate verbally for long periods of time. They had a teaching assistant with them in the group but most of the time it was left to Elena to try and communicate what her two non verbal students were saying.

She felt like the bearded woman most days from "The greatest showman" in the sense that people didn't see her abilities because they were always so focussed on the flaws within life.