Or perhaps, he just wanted to be a bird, so he could fly far far away from here.

To never look back, to never come back.

Just so he could be free.

Jungkook inhaled sharply, though he expected this.

"Let me tell you this though: it's not worth it to end your own life. You may have heard others say it, and honestly, they're right... you don't know what else still awaits you. Please believe me, as someone who's dealt with suicidal thoughts too."

"I understand."

And at that moment, Soobin realized something he never did before.

It was like an awakening.

Something he couldn't believe he never made a connection to.

"Jungkook... you and I aren't as different as I thought."

Their lives.

They had been the same.

All this time.

So alike and so different but it had been the same.

Jungkook noddded.

"That's true. We both didn't feel love from our families, but found love, happiness and warmth through someone else."

And we both thought death was the only way out.

"Yes."

Soobin sighed, reminded of who this someone else to Jungkook was.

"Hyung... will you get mad if I tell you what happened after I said goodbye to Taehyun at the airport?"

"Why should I?"

"Because I kinda did something bad... to my family... and also to Hoseok."

"What did you do?"

Soobin was amazed that there was no hint of negativity in Jungkook's voice; it was just... calm.

Like he genuinely just wanted to know.

"I... I freaked out and went crazy, nearly crashing the car. My father called Hoseok so he could try to calm me down, but we started fighting... I got mad at him because he was... downplaying what happened, and I even threw my goddamn textbook at him."

The brunette raised a brow in surprise.

"Oh wow."

Soobin looked away, unable to face him in shame and disgrace.

"I'm sorry."

He patted his shoulder.

"It's okay Soobin."

Soobin looked back at him with a shocked gaze.

"Really? Like, you're not gonna attempt to bash my head in half right now?"

Jungkook chuckled bitterly.

"I think you don't deserve something like that right now."

"True..."

The looming darkness of the future came back to Soobin, making him fall silent again. So Jungkook decided he should continue, to make sure Soobin could see the light again.

"But back to what I was saying; both of us found someone to love and love us too," he said.

"Luckily for you, he stayed. But for me, he left."

Jungkook turned Soobin to the side by his shoulder, causing him to look into Jungkook's earnest eyes as he said these next words firmly.

"Soobin. Taehyun did not leave you."