"We need someone to sign the papers," the doctor grabbed the file from the nurse's hands and waited for someone to take them.

Autumn gave Zyler a look, and he immediately knew what she expected.

"I will not be responsible for his bills. Bitch is rich." Zyler acted five again.

"Zy," she cooed, her nickname for him cutting through his act.

"Fine," he pouted theatrically, snatching the file from the doctor's hand. "But just for the record, I'm charging him 100 percent interest. And maybe a luxury tax. And an annoyance fee." He signed the papers, still grumbling.

Autumn shook her head and focused on April.

"He will be fine, Rilley, don't worry," she rubbed April's back, but April lost words.

Mrs. Hart arrived there minutes after the news. They both acknowledged each other, but April didn't say anything. Mrs. Hart understood that and remained silent. She looked at Zyler and smiled at him. Zyler returned the smile.

She walked over to him and admitted, "Thank you for setting him and me free from Ryle," she knew Zyler was the one who killed Ryle, and she didn't shed a teardrop for her husband. If anything, it made her happier to know how Ryle died.

Zyler saw what Ryle did to his wife when Ryle was still friends with his dad. He was a child back then and wasn't sure what was happening.

Though he didn't do it for Liam or her, he was still happy she was free of him because no woman deserves that treatment.

"I did what had to be done. I didn't do it for anyone but my revenge," he crossed his hands and stood firm.

"I know," she wasn't a fool to expect sympathy from him as her husband was also responsible for Zyler's parent's death. "Doesn't mean that I cannot thank you." She wiped her teary eyes.

Autumn watched the interaction curiously, but her focus was on April.

They stayed at the hospital that night. Zyler only stayed for Autumn and April. Bright in the morning, the nurse announced that Liam wanted to see April. April got up but looked at Mrs. Hart, and she nodded.

She gently pushed the door open, the soft click barely audible as she entered the room. Immediately, her eyes took in the expansive, luxurious layout surrounding her. The spacious area was elegantly appointed with high-quality furnishings: a large, comfortable bed dominated the center, dressed in fine, crisp linens. Soft, indirect lighting cast a soothing glow, while tasteful artwork adorned the walls, adding a touch of sophistication.

Liam lay on the bed, surrounded by the subtle luxury of the room. He was connected to sleek, modern medical equipment that efficiently monitored his condition. Liam was on the bed, connected to various tubes. His injuries were bandaged, with a vivid red mark visible on the dressing.

Her footsteps woke him up, and his eyes scanned for her with love. If only he hadn't been this late and picked another way to show it to her. "How are you feeling?" she asked, sitting on the chair beside his bed.

"Why did you save me?" he asked directly.

"Because I am not you," she replied. He might have hoped for a different answer but knew better than to admit it.

"What happens now?" he asked, wondering if their dynamic had shifted.

"We go our separate ways, and if fate allows, we might meet again," she said. Despite her feelings for him, she knew staying together wasn't right; it wouldn't do justice to her healing process.

Liam closed his eyes, a single tear escaping. "Liam," she called softly, and he looked at her again.

"I forgive you," she told him, calm but resolute. The real villain in their story was not just Liam himself but the circumstances and influences that shaped him-particularly his father, Ryle, who taught Liam to see women as mere objects. She chose forgiveness not just for his sake but for her own peace, to move on, heal, and fully embrace the life ahead of her.