Chapter-19

Annabeth

I have officially stopped believing in luck now. I think good luck is seriously not on my calender for even one day. I mean, first, it was Helen, then my so called father, then Helen again and then THAT guy. Is he like following me or something? I literally did not want to face him again and hid behind Percy as soon as I saw his face. Of course, Percy being Percy, the usual flirtatious guy held my waist instead of my hand.

He has no idea how many butterflies that small action of his erupted in my stomach and let's not forget the blush on my cheeks. Good thing there was no one to see that. I just wanted to go back to Percy's house as soon as possible.

As soon as the elevator stopped I pulled Percy with me and walked out as fast as I can towards the parking lot. I walk towards a random row of cars in an attempt to go away from that creepy as soon as I can.

"Wrong direction love." I abruptly stop and tense up. Why does he have to call me things like that? And why in the world does he say those words so casually as if we've been calling each other that our whole lives.

I hear Percy chuckle behind me and hold my hand as he pulls me to another side of the parking lot and to his car. I just stand in front of the car blushing like an idiot.

"Well? Are you going to get in?" He asks as he puts my suitcase in the trunk. I blink a few times and shake my head to clear all the unwanted thoughts. I get into the passenger side just as he gets in the driver seat, and turn on the radio.

"Soo...." He dragged, looking at me for a moment.

"Hmm?" I ask, looking at him cluelessly even though I know what he's going to ask.

"You good?" He asks casually, trying to be as normal as possible.

"I'm fine Percy, truly." I say as I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Better than before even. That place gave me nightmares." I shudder, as I put my arms around myself.

He laughed lightly under his breath and replied, "Well, at least you're out of there now."

I gave him a genuine smile and sighed in relief, "I am." And I smiled to myself.

I can't believe I actually got out of that hell hole after years of torture. I never thought, I mean I knew I would get out of there, just not like this. My plan was to basically earn enough money so that I can rent a small apartment and have enough to basically run my life till I was able to actually fulfill my dream.

I've always been fascinated at the concept of architecture. The way that it's a single field yet has so many differences in different areas... My family was never perfect. My mom left when I was very young so I don't remember much about her. My dad and Helen... Well that's another case. My dad is so in love with Helen that he doesn't see whatever she does to me and that breaks my heart.

The man who promised to be there for me and always by my side, my father. But now, I don't think it's the same person anymore. I don't know what Helen did to him, but it certainly feels like she mind controlled him or something.

But, at least now I don't have to be there and be reminded that both my parents don't about me everytime I sit for dinner or everytime I go out. I'm scared to let Percy in, I'm scared to get close, I'm scared to even trust him. But there's this thing about him that even without meaning to, I trust him. And I know it's the right choice.... Uhh I think. Whatever.

I'll think about all these things later. The car was silent for the whole ride after our small conversation and I didn't have any desire to break it. I liked this silence. It wasn't uncomfortable. Quite peaceful actually.

Sooner than I expected, we were back home. Home! I think I can call this place 'home'.

---------------------------------------------------------

~Hey guyssss... Finally got an update in for y'all. Hope you like it

Vote and comment, it really makes my day.

And if you're new here or not, make sure to follow my account cause that's where I'll be updating you guys about my schedule (even tho I don't have one). Schedule meaning if I'm going to update soon or not 😂😉

{13/04/2024}
😁✌️