Chapter-15

Annabeth

Stupid Percy! Stupid stupid Percy. He- that- ugh! Why does he keep flirting with me? I know it's just because he wants to mess with me. Every time he says something flirty I get all flustered but why? Why him? No one's ever been able to---- oh! Oohh! NO! No no no no NO! Not happening. Nu-uh! Not after what happened with L-HIM.

I shook my head to clear all my annoying thoughts and came back to the present where I was supposed to be savouring this delicious food. A scrumptious meal. Made by the one and only *drumrolls please* SALLY JACKSON. As far as I'm concerned, I'd say she's the best cook in the world.

"This is like the best thing I've ever tasted." I told Sally.

"Thank you dear." She says and smiles at me.

I look down at the amazing lasagna on my plate and start stuffing my mouth with some more. I look up to see Percy on my right side, doing the same thing.....except at a speed of 10x than what I was doing.

He turned to look at me and his eyes went wide as he gave me a sheepish smile and a playful shrug. I chuckled at him, shaking my head as I turned back to my own food.

A few minutes later, I felt some water splash on my right cheek and more water fall onto my clothes. I gasped from shock. I turned to my right to see Percy looking at me sheepishly with a glass of water in his hands and the water all over the table. I laughed at him and shook my head.

"Percy....Go get a cloth and clean that up." Sally said sternly as I laughed again seeing his face.

"Here dear," Sally said handing me a cloth, "Actually, let me do it for you." She said and started wiping the water on my face. Suddenly I felt a burning sensation on my cheeks and the realisation hit. I shot up from my seat.

"What happened?" Sally asked me, concerned and also stood up. By that time, Percy had come back with the cloth and was wiping the table.

"Uhh....I need to use the restroom." I lied, though I could see Percy giving me a look, I tried not to have eye contact with.

I looked down and stalked off toward the restroom.

Once I got there I looked in the mirror to see the whole right side of my face was red from all the make up and rubbing. But since luck was not in my side, I didn't have my bag with me in which I kept some concealer just for these kind of cases. Again, I rubbed the side of my face softly by instict. It was rough and burning. I knew that and it was something I was used. Looking at my reflection brought back all the memories of that particular day, my breathing bacame ragged and I couldn't stand properly. I leaned my hands on the sink basin and rested me head in my palms, trying to calm myself down from this panic attack.

I suddenly heard knocking on the door and quickly turned towards the door.

I went to open the door but stopped my hand just as it reached the handle. What was I gonna say as an excuse? I couldn't very well go 'oh yeah! My stepmother is an evil monster who physically abuses me and this is one of them. I didn't want you to know about so I ran to the bathroom even though you know about it now.' Mmmm..yea no that's not gonna work. I heard another knock and a voice with it.

"Annabeth? You ok? You've been in there for like, 10 minutes!" Percy's voice said.

I sighed, thanking God it was just him. I opened the door and saw him standing so close to where the door was that now we were just inches apart. I sucked in a deep breath as he stared at me. I looked into his eyes to find him searching for something. His eyes stared deep into mine making me squirm under his unwavering gaze.

I turned away since I couldn't take it any longer and saw that Percy raised his eyebrow at me when I turned back for a second.

"...Well? Are you gonna tell me what happened in there?" He asked me skeptically.

"Uhh....no?" I said, or rather asked. A hint of hope that he would let the matter go. But alas! He didn't.

"Well I'm not taking no for an answer." He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

I let out a deep breath and looked at him.
"Fine!" I huffed. I really REALLY didn't want to explain everything again. Especially not the other thing. I sighed.

"Do you REALLY want to know?" I asked him, stressing the 'really'. I hoped he would stop it but luck was not on my side.

"Yes." He deadpanned, staring at me right in the eye.

I sighed again, "Ugh fine." And so I started.

--------------------------------

~~Hey guyyzzzz, sorry for the late update but I hope you enjoy it. I'll try and I really will, to get the next chapter out as soon as I can.

{22/08/2023}
😁✌️