Chapter-9

Annabeth

*Rringgg rringg*

"Ugh. Who the hell is calling me this early on a Saturday!" I groaned, as I woke up to the sound of my phone ringtone. I got on my left elbow and used my other hand to pick up the phone from my nightstand. I blinked my eyes a few times since they were still blurry from sleep. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the caller name. 'Seaweed Brain 💙' it was Percy. I wonder why HE, of all people would be calling me?

I clicked the green button and kept the phone to my ear.

"Hello? Percy?" I asked.

"Oh hey Annabeth! I was wondering since it's Saturday and I have the day off, aannd since you're gonna be living with us from now, I should-" I cut him off.

"We? Who else is living with you?"

"Exactly where I was going. My mom, stepdad and little sister. I thought you should meet them before you, you know, move in."

"Umm ok sure, I guess. If that's okay with you. Today?" I asked him.

"Yep. Can we umm.." he paused, "meet at 11? Is that good?" He asked me.

"Yeah sure. Where do we meet?" I asked him, since he hadn't told me where.

"Hmm..how 'bout that café we met at the first time?" He said then continued, "I'll take you out on a date." He said.

I blushed, argghhh stop it Annabeth. It's just fake.

"Uhh..y-yeah. That'd be ni-nice." I was able to stutter out.

"Ok. I'll pick you up at 9:50?" He asked me through the phone.

"Oh..uhh..ok. But meet me at the end of the street. I don't want my stepmother," I spat out the word 'stepmother' with venom, "seeing me with a guy. I'm not ready for her yet." I said. Remembering what she did to me that day, tears started to prick my eyes. I rubbed them sniffling as Percy replied with a concerned ok.

"Well then I better get ready. See you soon." I said.

"Ok. Ba-byee, baby" he said and then coughed, obviously fake and ended the call, as I stared at the wall paralyzed and a blushing mess from what he I just said.

Soon enough I woke up from my trance and went to the bathroom, shaking my head. He didn't mean it. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that I looked like a tomato, completely red, from my ears, to my-well my whole face. I washed my face quickly and went out to look at the the time.

9:15. Ok. Tha- wait what the hell? I still had like barely any time to get ready. I ran into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I quickly got ready and went down to the door. I silently opened it and went out. I closed the door and walked for a few minutes and stopped where I was supposed to meet Percy. I took out my phone and looked at the time. He should've been here by now. I looked towards both sides and searched for him.

When I was looking for Percy, I hadn't realised that someone was standing next to me until they spoke.

"Hey princess. Whatcha doin' here all alone eh? Why doncha come home with me?" He said, I looked at him incredulously, surprised at how someone would say that to a random stranger in the streets. He was kinda short and had greasy black hair. His teeth were crooked and overall he was just creepy.

"Umm...no thanks. I'm uhh good." I said, eyeing him and turning back to the road looking for Percy. Why did he have to be late today of all days? I sighed.

"Aww...don't say that. You're alone, I'm alone. Come on, let's have some fun." With that he grabbed my elbow, trying to pull me towards him.

I pulled my hand away from him, "Leave me alone. I have a boyfriend." I said, hoping to make him leave.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt." He said, smirking.

"Nu-uh. Not happening." I said, moving away from him.

"Oh it's happening all right." He said, grabbing me by my waist. I tried pushing him away but he wouldn't budge. I turned my face away from him. I didn't know what to do, but before I could understand what was happening I was pulled away from the guy and was pushed into someone's chest.

"Don't touch her."

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

~Hey guys. Here's another update. So, who do you think the person who saved her was? I think it's pretty obvious.

And yes, I know that Annabeth can handle herself and doesn't need someone to save her. But that's the demigod Annabeth and this is mortal. And that's the story line sooo....Enjoy?

{15/4/2023}

😁✌️