Chapter-10

"Oh it's happening all right." He said, grabbing me by my waist. I tried pushing him away but he wouldn't budge. I turned my face away from him. I didn't know what to do, but before I could understand what was happening I was pulled away from the guy and was pushed into someone's chest.

"Don't touch her."

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Annabeth

I was pushed into the person, my hand resting on his chest, as I knew it was a guy from his voice.

"Did you not hear her say no? Or are you deaf?" The guy asked, the anger resonating from him. Why would this guy feel angry, and who even is he?

I turned back into the conversation at hand hearing shouts.

"Did I not tell you to leave?" The guy holding me said.

"And am I supposed to be intimated by that and leave? Ha! Go away boy. You don't stand a chance against me."

"Are you sure about that old man?" The guy asked.

"Yes I am! And why do you even care? What, are you her Boyfriend?"

"I am! What are you gonna do?."

And that's when everything stopped and the world started spinning. My boyfriend? As in Percy? HE, was the one holding me? I mean it made sense but why? Is it really him? I was pulled out of my thoughts when I was pulled away from his chest.

He pulled away from him and looked down at me with concern in his eyes. I felt uncomfortable under his intense scare. I turned away, though confirmed that it was Percy. I couldn't look at him. I couldn't even defend myself. Talk about girl power. I scoffed at myself internally.

"..Annabeth look at me. Are you ok?" I tuned in back to reality and looked at Percy in the eyes. His sea green eyes looked at me with concern, yet I could see a bit of anger in them. His jaw ticked at my silence and that's when I realised I hadn't answered.

"I'm fine." I merely whispered, to which he let out a sigh of relief turning his head to the side looking at me again.

"Are you completely sure?" He asked and I nodded, though I had a number of questions swarming my mind, not letting me think properly.

How had he come? And how had I not seen him? I should've seen him. It was then that I noticed a blue car parked a few feet away. I turned to look at him.

"When did you come?" I asked him to which he raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" He asked me, his eyebrows furrowing together in confusion.

"No it's just that I didn't see you coming so I wanted to know when you came." I rambled out nervously, to which he laughed out loudly, sending shivers down my spine.

"Oh I just came a few minutes ago." Then his whole demeanor changed again. "Are you really sure you're okay? He didn't do anything to you did he?" He asked, his voice full of concern, his hands gripping my shoulder. I could see his whole body was tense.

I kept my hand on one of his hands on my shoulder and rubbed it. I looked at his concerned eyes and I couldn't help the small smile that graced my face. He was so caring. "Percy, calm down. It's nothing and he didn't do anything. There's nothing to be concerned for." I said, removing his hands from my shoulder and holding them in mine. He sighed deeply before looking at me, also smiling. "I'll hold you to that." He said and I laughed at that, to which he looked at me....with that look in his eye. It looked like......affection? But why would he- never mind.

"So, where are we going?" I asked him, grinning brightly.

And just like that, the mischievous glint that he always had, was back in his eyes. I was confused for a second as he smirked but it was gone as fast as it had come. Huh. I wonder what's that all about.

"I'll tell you in the car since I'm taking you somewhere else. Come on." He said and with that, he starting walking towards the car. I shook my head to shake off any thoughts and suspicions that came to mind and walked to the car behind him.

As we got in the car and Percy started the engine, I couldn't help but ask him where we were going. What? I'm a very curious person. I like to know things.

"Did I mention how beautiful you look today Wise Girl?" He suddenly asked me, before I could ask him my question.

My eyes went wide at this and I could feel myself blushing. I looked down at my hands in my lap to avoid his gaze. "No." I whispered, flustered.

His laugh reverberated through the car and I shuddered. "Well then, let me tell you now." He said, after which he gently put his index finger under my chin and lifted it so I could look him in the eye. "You look beautiful." He said, smiling slightly and I almost melted at his words. No one ever called me that. Well...except, L-him. I couldn't believe that I actually fell for that excuse of a guy. But it was obviously all fake, not that this isn't but I couldn't bring myself to think that Percy was lying. Oh great. Now my mood is ruined. You know what? No, I'm not gonna think if him, not now.

I looked up to Percy's eyes and smiled at him, still blushing. "Thanks." I wanted to look back down but I couldn't stray away from his eyes. I looked at his sea green eyes and lost myself in them. They were like the ocean, calm yet dangerous. I had seen his eyes when angry and they looked like the raging ocean in a storm. I never really needed to look at his face or needed him to tell me anything, his eyes always had a way of expressing all his emotions.

I could see Percy still staring at me, his eyes on mine. I suddenly felt self-conscious as his eyes assessed my face so I cleared my throat. His eyes widened and he removed his hand from my face, looking back to the road and he started the car.

A few minutes into the ride and I started feeling REALLY awkward. So I tried to break the ice by talking to him.

"So..where are we going?" I asked him, chuckling nervously at the end. As I looked to him, a corner of his lip quirked up slightly, but only for a fraction of a minute. I almost thought I imagined it but it couldn't have been.

"Annabeth, the place I am taking you to is a very special place. It holds a very important place in my heart. I think my life would've never been this way if it wasn't for that. So I just wanted you to know, that I respect it a lot." He said a slightly sad look in his eyes.

I wasn't really that social so I didn't know what to do other than nodding my head in understanding, showing him that I cared. I held his hand as he spoke and when I he was finished, I looked towards him.

"Then I'll respect the place too." I said with a small smile. He smiled back and nodded slightly.

A few minutes later, we reached he place and to say I was angry was an understatement. I was fuming as I looked towards Percy as he laughed.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

{25/04/2023}

😁✌️