Chapter 10: Alternate Ending

Basically it follows what actually happened in episode 18, (and the end of chapter 9), where Airy does die. I did say I would make this, and here it finally is. So yeah, sad angst ending :(

TW: Death

Airy walked across the small board, stepping carefully in order not to slip, as the rain had made it slippery. Looking down a little, he could see the cabin at the bottom, still and small from his view. As he took another step, he breathed in a bit when he felt his boot slip against the wood. Trying to maintain himself, he tried to take another step, but that only made things worse as he felt himself losing balance. He looked down again, before feeling his body fall over, seeing the water and spikes down below. Next felt like a blur. He felt his basket slip out of his hands, but that didn't matter at the moment, as he could see the view of one spike getting closer to his face. Turing around midair, his eyes now faced the sky, as he could see the view of the stony wall next to him, but before he could act, he felt a sharp pain in the back of his head.

And suddenly, everything went black...

Glowy's head snapped up as she thought she had heard a sound. Hesitantly getting up, she ran out of the cave, looking over at the pool of water. She gasped when her eyes laid on what was washed up on the sand. Her father's hat. Slowly, she walked up to where the hat was, staring at it with horror. She looked around, before bending down to pick it up. "..Papa?...", she muttered. Looking at the water, she expected to see bubbles or something at the surface, followed by her father popping up out of the water. He had to have fallen in, he HAD to. Right?

She waited, and nothing happened. Getting more worried, she called out for him, hoping to get a response. Nothing. She called out again. Still nothing. Tears were starting to form in her eyes as she sniffled. She looked back down at the hat, before kneeling onto the ground, pulling it into a hug. Small sobs escaped her mouth, she put the pieces together, and she assumed the worst had happened. Glowy just sat there, crying and hugging her father's hat.

Liam weakly opened his eyes as the first thing that came to his vision was...the roof of the cabin..As he tried to sit up, he winced as he felt a sharp pain in his leg. He looked down, and saw the cast. That's when he just..stopped. Did..did Airy do this?! Even though Liam literally tried to kill him?! He tried to kill him, and yet he still helped him?! He then remembered Glowy, a small sense of guilt filling his body. Oh yeah...he tried to kill Airy, and she witnessed the whole ordeal. Even if he was still angry with Airy, he felt a tinge of guilt, considering that Airy was Glowy's only parental figure...he sighed, grabbing the wooden crutch and getting out of bed. As he limped out of the cabin, he stopped when he noticed Glowy near the water.

His eyes laid on the hat, making him even more confused. Glowy might've still been on bad terms with him, but he needed to get closer and see this for himself. He went over to the little girl, now seeing that she was crying. "Hey...", he started, startling her. "You okay?", he asked. Glowy looked up at him before shooting him a glare. She started to walk away from him. "Wait! Glowy...I just want to talk, I'm not going to hurt you, okay?", Liam tried to reassure, taking a step. The little girl still looked at him with uncertainty, hugging the hat tightly in her arms. She huffed, before taking a step forward. "Why...?", she muttered. Liam looked confused. "Uh...what? Why what?", he asked.

Glowy took another step, anger in her eyes. "Why did you try to kill my papa?!", she cried. Liam's eyes widened a bit. Oh....he figured she would've probably asked him that, the incident that happened yesterday. As he continued to stare at the hat, something suddenly clicked in his brain. Wait...did Airy...die? Is that why Glowy was crying...? At the thought of this, he felt a bit of happiness, finally, ONE couldn't continue, no more suffering...but...his joy vanished when he realized, he didn't even know how to use the computer..and also, it was now just him and Glowy. "Did..did you not hear me?!", Glowy shouted again, snapping Liam out of his thoughts. He sighed, figuring he should just say the truth, there was no point in lying.

So, for the next few minutes, he explained to the girl of what Airy's little show was actually like, how he didn't seem to care about any of the contestants, and how many months he and the others had to stay on that damn planet. He also explained how he and another man named Bryce was trying to stop Airy. And when Liam saw that there was going to third season, he just...snapped. As Glowy listened, the angry look on her face slowly changed to horror. Looking back down at the hat, tears started to form again. All this time, was she being raised by a bad person, and she just didn't know? Sniffling, tiny sobs escaped her mouth. Liam looked at her with sympathy, making his way over to her.

"Hey, hey, don't cry...", he tried to reassure. Glowy looked up at him. "So..my..my papa's a bad man..?", she asked. Liam breathed in, turning his gaze away from her. Quite frankly, now that he fought about it, was Airy really bad? He remembered the other night, when Airy said he'd been here for about a decade. If that was true, then he supposed it kinda made sense why he acted the way he did, although that still didn't excuse what he did. What also threw him off was that he seemed to know what he was doing when raising Glowy. Liam felt a bit confused. "I...I really don't know...", was all he muttered. Walking closer to her, he knelt down.

"Listen, Glowy. Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. What we need to do is find a way outta here. The only problem is, I don't know how to work the computer, and I'm guessing you don't either, huh?", he gently asked. Glowy shook her head. "Okay...well, the only thing I really can do, is try and work out the computer..", he sighed. He was obviously going to be here a lot longer than he imagined. Glowy slowly nodded, making her way to the cabin. "I...I'm going to lay down...", she said. Liam watched as she disappeared into the small cabin, before turning to the cave. He took a deep breath, before making his way over to it.

Airy's eyes shot open, as he looked around, noticing that he was in a much more different area than he was before. He was in what looked like a grassy field, with a wooden shack-like structure, two stumps, and a radio. Wait, this seemed familiar...and then it hit him. He died. Oh god, he died...panic began to seep into his body as he remembered Glowy. Oh god...oh no, she's probably already found out what happened, she's probably so scared right now. Airy ran over to the radio, now remembering that he fiddled around with it, that's how he had first gotten to the forest...but, that was 10 years ago, and he couldn't remember what numbers he had to put into the radio in order to get there.

A small tear dripped down his cheek, as he worried about his daughter, and what could be possibly be happening to her right now. Oh yeah, she does have Liam..but..Airy had a feeling Liam wouldn't hurt Glowy, but he still couldn't help but feel anxious about the thought of it just being them, especially since Liam probably still had access to the axe. Sighing, he decided it was worth a shot to probably try to use the radio. In the meantime however, all he could do was pray that everything was fine, back in his universe, especially his daughter...

The end...?