Chapter 8: A New Face

Okay, change of plans, there would at least be one more chapter or two, plus I'll add an extra chapter for an alternate scenario (considering the finale, although the ending to this fanfic will be different than the final episode)

After a long day of working, Airy left the cave, and went down to sit on the logs. He thought about starting dinner soon, he had some fish that he caught about an hour ago, so he brought them out, placing them above the fire, with a skillet that he made himself. Glancing over at the cabin, where his daughter was currently inside, he smiled, turning back to watch the fish cook. He then suddenly looked up, remembering that they still had a basket full of berries, so he stood up, walking up to the cabin. Glowy was laying on her bed, staring up at the ceiling, but then sat up when she saw her father enter.

"Hey, Glowy...dinner will be ready soon..", he said, picking up the fruit basket. She smiled, getting up from the bed. "Okay, Papa...", she followed him outside, sitting down on the log as well, watching the fire. Airy lifted up the skillet, letting the fish cool down, before bringing the basket over to where Glowy was. He sat down next to her, smiling as he watched her pick up a few blueberries. He took out a strawberry himself, shoving it into his mouth as he looked back over to the fish. "How's you're little show going, Papa?", Glowy asked, with a handful of berries in her mouth. Airy smiled, looking over at her. He paused for a moment, gulping down the strawberry. "It's going pretty well...there's only about...six eliminations left..", he said. "The contestants were really good this season.." Glowy smiled, glad that her father was happy with what he was doing. She never really questioned his work, she just assumed that the tiny people were enjoying the game as well. Plus, she never really spent that much time in the cave anyway.

Airy turned around, picking up the skillet. "Alright..fish is ready. Be careful..it's still a bit hot..", he warned, cutting it with a makeshift knife that he made. He handed a piece to Glowy, who blew on it a little before taking a bite. She smiled, looking up at him. "It's good!", she beamed. Airy chuckled, looking down to eat some of his. As they ate the rest of their meal, they didn't really say anything to each other. Finishing up a few minutes later, Glowy wiped her mouth, letting out a small burp. Airy smiled, picking up the basket and skillet. He stood up, and left, putting the stuff away in the cabin. He soon came back, sitting down on the log again. "Before we go to sleep, how about we admire the sky...and I'll tell a little story?", Airy asked. "Oh, yes! Yes!", Glowy exclaimed, nodding excitedly. She always loved her dad's stories, he used to tell them before they went to bed, and they would always do it near the fire pit. Airy chuckled, now getting down onto the grass. "Okay...okay...which one?", he asked, and Glowy wasted no time, "The one about the stars and the moon! My favorite story!", she said, laying down, resting her head on the log. "Alright...", he said, laughing, laying down as well.

As Airy told the story, the two stared up at the sky, looking around at the stars, and constellations, plus the moon, which was in it's full phase tonight. Glowy smiled, as she stared at this one star in particular, while listening to her father's soft voice. The only sounds she could hear other than her father talking, was the crickets, and the crackling of the fire. She felt her eyelids getting a bit heavier, but she tried to stay awake. Eventually, she could feel her eyes closing, and she turned her head a bit. Airy finished the story, before looking at his daughter, seeing that she was on the verge of falling asleep. He smiled, sitting up, shaking her a little. "Honey...time for bed...", he whispered, but Glowy just mumbled. She didn't want to get up. Airy sighed, getting up, and picking her up. He grunted a little, as he carried her towards the cabin. "You're getting a little too big to be carried, pumpkin..", he said, chuckling a bit. Placing her into her bed, he planted her a kiss on her hair, before climbing into his bed. "Goodnight...", he said, before drifting off.

Later in the night, Glowy heard what sounded like someone shuffling around in her sleep. She slowly opened her eyes, seeing a faint light. It was the light from her father's lantern. By the time her eyes were fully opened, he was already out the door. Confused, she sat up, not sure if she should follow him, or stay here. She decided to go with the latter, something dangerous was probably outside. She waited for a few minutes, before Airy came back. He noticed Glowy was up, and he placed the lantern on the table, kneeling down and stroking her hair. "What are you doing up, honey?", he asked quietly. "I heard you moving, and then I saw you leave...what's going on, Papa?", she asked with concern. "Oh...I thought I heard something outside, so I went out to check..but there was nothing there..", he explained. Glowy got a little worried, but nodded. "I'm sure it was probably nothing dangerous...but..we should go back to sleep..", Airy said, standing up. Glowy nodded, laying back down. "Goodnight, Papa...", she said. He turned the lantern off, going back to bed as well. "Goodnight..", he said, smiling.