"A letter from Ymir. Please, you have to give it to Krista," he took his time with his words, making sure each and every syllable was enunciated with such accuracy.

"After we examine it first," Hange states firmly before standing up and pocketing the steel case. Her hand reached for a hilt, attaching a blade with malice in her eye. "Alright, I have a mountain of questions I'd like to ask you but your mouth seems to be as hard as armour." She ran a hand up the spine of her sword, eye following the long caress almost admiringly. "I wonder, will you tell me what we want to know?" Everyone looked at him, waiting.

"Nope," he muttered back making the brunette snicker.

"Thank you, that makes this job easier," she fell to one knee and forced to blade to his throat, the action catching me off guard. Jean scrambled to his feet, shouting for her to stop. The titan boys neck spilled blood, his breathing interrupted with wheezing and sputtering as he tried his best to avoid choking on his own blood.

"Are you sure about this?" Jean exclaimed hurriedly. "Isn't it possible that we could take his power away from him?" The ice in her eye seemed to melt, the sun reflecting some type of emotionless sheen across it.

"I don't think the conditions have been met," she turned back to Reiner, putting more pressure onto the blade and digging it further into his throat. "We don't know where Levi or any of the others are, and I don't think we have time to check on them. There's just no way to gauge how much strength these guys have left in them. I could send this guys head flying and I still wouldn't let my guard down," Reiner choked again, blood leaking from his lips and trailing down his chin, onto the blade held by the brunette.

"That's not like you," Jean murmured. "If you're content with leaving things unknown, how can we ever expect to defeat the titans? When will we ever know enough to face our enemies?"

"Jean," I whisper, though not loud enough for him to hear. He was right, this wasn't like Hange. Mercilessly killing someone just like that, or intending to, knowing full well they have the information we want, the information we need. We can use him, either as a source for details or a potential power bearer we can give to someone in need.

"Mikasa," Hange utters. "How much gas do you have?"

"Hardly any," Mikasa answers. "But I have enough to reach Eren and Armin."

"That's more than me. Go check on Eren and the others immediately, replenish your gas while you're there and get the injection from Levi if he's there. If you can't do that for whatever reason, fire a flare. That will be my signal to end Reiner," Hange's order were precise and straight to the point. This was a side of her I hated seeing, the murderous side of her. I tapped my own gas canisters, surprised when I realise I had just under a quarter left. I had burned through it fast, but I also had a lot more than I thought I did.

"Understood," the ebony haired girl murmurs before she took to the sky and disappeared from sight. Hange pulled the blade away from Reiner's neck, standing and looking in the direction Mikasa had vanished in.

"Hange, I-" Jean began before he was quickly cut off by the section commander.

"This was my decision, you only provided me data," she muttered. "The question is who? Who are we turning into a titan? There's Sasha who's injured, but no critically. Or is there a better candidate?" The whole lot of us fell silent. A long minute, and then another, all until a loud pop sounded from the other side of the district, in the direction Mikasa had disappeared in. A flare shell flew into the air; the signal to end Reiner. My heart picked up its pace, watching as Hange stepped towards the steaming boy before the quadrupedal titan from over the wall burst down the street and lunged for Hange. I launched from the crate, nothing in my gut anticipating anything bad happening soon, watching as Jean shot a hook and dove straight into Hange, narrowly missing the limb severing bite of the titan. Zion, Reece and the others all leapt out of the way, tumbling into heaps to the side with groans and grunts.