11 • So it seems

A/N: Y'all might uh... y'all might like this chapter :3

The room was quite chilly that night and a draft escaped from the hotel hallways into Lucifer's room. He was curled up in a tight ball to keep himself warm but woke himself up by his clattering teeth. Unfortunately they hadn't had the time or even remembered to fix the heating. He nuzzled his head into his pillow with a soft hum to try drifting back to sleep.

He couldn't tell if he was starting to dream it or he was actually hearing a faint sound of a piano traveling under his door. Lazily he sat up, rubbing his tired eyes and running a hand through his messy hair. Pausing to listen for a moment, he definitely heard a piano. Since it was clear the king was getting no sleep tonight, he grabbed his fuzzy blanket with ducklings all over and draped it around his cold shoulders, heading out the door to investigate. Who's up at this hour anyways?

He quickly made his way across the balcony stretching out from his room to the hotels hallway, his feet frozen with each quick step.

A quick idea flashed in his mind. No— he shut that down. Ugh fine, he kinda hoped the sound would take him down to the very end of the hallway, the room directly across the way. Alastors room. No, for the love of satan that's pathetic to think.

He ended up at the radio demons door, silently giggling as he noticed he actually closed the door this time. He felt anxious as he went to knock but retreated his hand back, deciding to slowly open the door with his magic.

And there Alastor was, sitting in the middle of his room playing a tune on his piano. It sounded like an old-timely tune, something the demon must have listened to when he was alive. Lucifer never really heard music from the living world, only heard about it.

Alastor felt the cold draft on his back. "Honestly, What is it with you and knocking?" He turned with a frustrated yet playful grin. Lucifer flushed, aw shit what does he do now? "I uh— I'll go" he pointed his thumbs behind him, awkwardly stepped backwards out the door.

Instead, Alastor closed the door with his power "You don't have to run off so soon, you can stay for a bit". Lucifer chucked, rubbing the back of his neck "I guess you couldn't sleep either?" He asked.

The radio demon shook his head "Merely just a bad dream, nothing serious, so I thought I'd play the night away" he said, looking the king up and down noticing the bed head and pajamas. He turned back to resume playing.

Wow. He was so inviting... a few weeks ago he was mere seconds away from practically killing Lucifer for walking in unannounced and now he actually WANTED him to stay? This demon was confusing. And who sleeps in their day to day suit?! Apparently just this guy.

Lucifer walked up to look over the other demons shoulders, somewhat enjoying the closer proximity. His eyes flicked back and forth, watching his hands play the keys of the song then to the back of his neck and the side of his face. His expression was soft and relaxed, his usual creepy yellow teeth hidden behind his smile. How could a demon so horrible and deadly look so peaceful and gentle?

Lucifer moved to sit on the bench beside him, their arms briefly brushing against each other for a moment making them both tense and Alastor miss a key. They exchanged looks, a breathy laugh escaping from their mouths. Their height difference even sitting down was evident and Lucifer felt so small.

Moving down the piano to play on the far left side, their arms pressed together once more, this time Lucifer's stayed in place like glue as he moved back up the piano to the right.

The physical touch was almost like a game. They both knew it was happening but neither stopped the contact.

Lucifer looked up at the demon with a smug grin, and pressed a lower key with his thumb to throw off the tune. Alastors eyes flicked to his side down to the little shit beside him, shaking his head as his smile widened.

The king looked down for a moment, gathering every ounce of courage he could "What is this, Alastor?" He asked.

"Hm?" The other demon replied, sitting up straight pausing the song. Taking note the king rarely ever said his actual name. Their arms finally pulled away.

Lucifer kept his eyes on the floor "This" he repeated, gesturing between them.

Alastor felt himself tense, his face flushing. Whatever this feeling was— he had never felt it before, and it was scary. Lately his stomach would turn in a knot and his hands would get all clammy. He tried to find an answer but drew a blank.

The radio demon looked off to the side, his ears falling back slightly "I don't... have an answer for you your highness, you see-" "You know my name, enough with the 'your highness' shit, kay?" Lucifer interrupted.

Alastor nodded slightly "Lucifer. As of late I have not minded your company. You are— dare I say it... a mildly good acquaintance" he shrugged and smirked shyly.

The king smiled, finally looking up at the other demon. His small shy gesture was kinda... cute. "Well... I guess I can say the same about you too, Red" he replied.

The silence was way too loud, again.
Alastor nudged the king with his elbow "Nice bed head by the way. Quite amusing I'll admit to see you so out of sorts" He smiled, his hand unintentionally reaching up to touch the kings hair but quickly retreating back. Lucifer saw this. Did he just want to touch him?

Alastor had given a lot of thought to this whole situation. He could feel the change in him, the new feelings blooming in his chest and the warmth that spread across his face whenever they touched, or even made eye contact. Lately it was truly bothersome and flooded his brain way too often. And lately, he'd been thinking about the possibility of being more vulnerable around king and the temptation that was propelling him to do so.

On the other hand, Lucifer was utterly scared. He hadn't felt this feeling in the pit of his stomach since... her. And now here he was sitting beside her personal servant with that exact same feeling he had burning long ago.

Lucifer studied the demon a few moments before holding his hand out in between them "Next lesson, accepting affection...C'mere".
Alastor slowly held out his hand to the king.

Lucifer nodded to reassure him, gently taking his hand in his, noticing he wasn't wearing his usual black and red gloves. The demons hand was so rough, the years of violence and lack of care had left its mark on his skin. "Your hands are so tacky and rough" he said softly. Alastor gulped. He was screaming bloody murder in the inside but somehow didn't feel the urge to protest.

"Your hands are... soft" he replied gently brushing his thumb over the back of the kings hand. He tensed, moving before thinking and brought Lucifer's hand to his own cheek. His cold touch to the others cold skin sparked a flame of warmpth in their palms.

Lucifer wanted to disappear behind a wall and scream. He felt so stupid letting himself be so open with his rival. Why can't he just finish their deal and go back to the way it was before?

The king looked the radio demon in the eye "I've seen the change in you, maybe redemption really is in your story". Alastor shook his head "I've done many bad things" he replied. "I know you have... but like my daughter I believe in second chances" Lucifer said softly.

He swallowed, the pit of his stomach going wild with nerves "What are we... Alastor?" He asked. The radio demon looked down "Two lost souls it seems" he said quietly, his voice unfiltered. The king moved his palm slightly so his fingers brushed along a few loose strands of the demons hair "Yeah... so it seems".