13 • Winds of change

A/N: Hey hi it's me again!! I've got some treats for y'all sprinkled around in this part! They won't be hard to miss ;)
I'd also like to say this is THE chapter, but I'll let you be the judge of that... Tehehe enjoy!

The two found themselves wandering up to the roof of the hotel. Lucifer watched as the big 'HAZBIN HOTEL' sign came into front view as they walked under it.

They both figured it would be best to talk somewhere more private in case a curious soul were to overhear.

Alastor hopped like a deer onto the ledge of the roof, offering out his hand so the king could take it. Taking his hand, Lucifer was lifted up, though he could have easily gotten up there himself.
"Could've got myself up y'know, I'm not a fucking child" the king joked.

"I'm aware" Alastor replied, the sass in his voice making Lucifer's skin crawl. Satan he's so quick to shoot back an answer! It was frustrating. The radio demon sat with his legs crossed and brushed off the bottom of his coat. Meanwhile, walking along the ledge, Alastor could only shake his head at the king balancing on one foot after the other... like a child.

The wind blew rather cold up where they were, a bit unusual since hell was quite hot most of the time

The wind blew rather cold up where they were, a bit unusual since hell was quite hot most of the time. Alastor looked up to the sky "Winds are changing" he spoke quietly.

"Hey Red, can I ask you a weird question?" Lucifer asked, now making his way back to the demon. Alastors ears perked up "You may". "You're a smooth-ish talker, you present yourself...okay, you are nice... enough" he paused and plopped down beside the demon, resting his elbows on his knees "—why don't you have anyone?"

The radio demon raised an eyebrow in question. Lucifer huffed out a laugh "A partner, y'know".
This question made the king want to dive off the roof and never come back. Why he felt the urge to ask? No one could tell.

Alastor shifted uncomfortably "Never thought about it to be fair. Granted there were many fine ladies I was acquainted with in my day. Never had such interest I suppose. Why the sudden curiosity?"

"You don't mind being alone?" The king asked, fiddling with his fingers. "Well I'm not alone now, am I?" The demon replied, gesturing to the hotels sign glowing behind them.

Lucifer smirked "And when they all redeem themselves? Then what, you gonna go up there with them?". "I haven't given much thought to that idea in particular..." Alastor replied. The king scooted himself closer to the demon, enough to bump their shoulders together "Well, I'm not going up there. Fuck no, those days are over, you wouldn't want to stay down here with lil old me would ya?" He teased.

Alastor bumped his shoulder back "Maybe perhaps I'll stick around". He received a small chuckle from the king "Ah great, stuck with you for eternity then" he laughed.

The laughter carried on for a few moments, ending with the two struggling to find any words to say. Lucifer inhaled "I'm sorry for avoiding you recently" he looked into the others red eyes for the first time they got up here. Those eyes met his own now too "We're you avoiding me because of that night?" Alastor asked, knowing the king knew what night it was specifically.