2. Certainly peculiar

As I grew older, I gradually became aware of my age. I underwent a change, but you remained the same.

My first conversation with you was when I was around four or five years old. You were wearing a white shirt, jeans, and you had no shoes on. It seemed odd to me why you were barefoot all year round. I couldn't comprehend that this may be anything extraordinary.

You had brown and ruffled hair. Your eyes were as clear as the sky above me, reminiscent of a day when nobody could clog my mind.

I can remember you quite clearly. Vivd. I was etched in my mind with all the thoughts I had about you.

During winter, you were sitting next to me. It seems to me that you were concerned about me when people looked at me oddly while I was conversing with you. They couldn't see you, but I could.

I have a vivid memory of the day because I asked you why you never wore shoes or a jacket.

It was a rather childish thought and action, because I wanted to bring you a pair of shoes I found at home. You laughed. Not because you thought it was amusing, but simply because it was unexpected. This was the initial exchange we had.

During that moment, you stated that you don't require shoes or anything else. You had conveyed to me that the sun will provide you with warmth. You didn't point to the sky, but to yourself. To me, it seemed strange why you did that. I was confused. As a five-year-old, I was completely unaware of the world.

Since you were present, I never questioned anything you said. To me, you were alive. Rosy cheeks. Your eyes creased due to your joy and astonishment.

After that you haven't spoken to me. Me neither. As I gazed upon the cold ground, I caught sight of you wearing bare feet. Despite being four times older than me, I was still familiar with you.

I have known you for a lifetime.