PART XVIII: The God of Strength

Pressing the roof under his feet, Kumaran flashed to the demon in the blink of an eye; the power of the amulet was more than he could've ever imagined, his speed had increased exponentially just like his strength.

He drove his fist into the demon's gut and lifted it in the air, not even allowing it to comprehend the situation.

"You need a ground to cast shadows and then travel through those shadows. No ground, no trick. Gotcha! You trash!" Kumaran punched its face and sent it flying up.

He leapt up to it effortlessly and changed its trajectory with a round kick that dug through its chest and broke its ribs.

The kick made the demon a bullet rushing through blocks of buildings. But before it touched the concrete of the building it was headed, its senses out on vacation, Kumaran kicked the air and propelled himself, flashing past it like a bolt of lightning.

With a fist thrust into its face, he nullified its momentum and stopped it from hitting the building.

"As if I'd let you get your tricky advantage again!" He shouted and kicked into his gut again, sending it rushing up the storeys of the building, limbs dancing in the air.

He ran after it up the building and landed a meteor of punches at it randomly from every angle and direction, forgetting strategy. Each of those punches drilled through its thick skin and cracked its bones upon impact, Kumaran could hear them break.

"Exorcism is too good for you! I'm gonna vanquish you!" Kumaran declared his judgement.

Taking it up the building with endless punches and kicks, in a loud voice filled with confidence and faith in the divine, he started chanting Hanuman Chalisa breathlessly.

The demon didn't even get a chance to groan or shout in pain.

The building came to an end, but Kumaran wasn't done. He held the wrist of the demon and pulled back his arm, collecting all his might. With a firm swing, he punched the demon hard into the skies. Using the parapet of the roof edge, he launched himself up too, shooting after it.

In his other back pocket, he had another exorcism item — a red thread similar to the one he had just used, just a bit milder; but since his spirit energy had increased, he could've used it in a way more efficient than the other one.

Against the moon, he launched himself at the demon from all sides, changing his direction by kicking the air and propelling himself, striking it and winding the thread all over it, like a spider weaving its web on a prey. His chanting of Hanuman Chalisa made the thread ignite burst into divine red flames that made the demon scorched and scream like it had never before.

"STOPPPPPP!!! PLEASEEE!!" The demon begged.

Kumaran thought how it never ever gave a chance to anyone and now it was begging for its own life; the idea made him angrier and his attacks became fatally fierce.

He didn't allow gravity to bring it down. Whenever it was going to fall, he kicked it back up.

After spinning the thread all around the demon, holding one end of the thread, he made holy symbols surrounding the demon. Upon completing, with a flourish of his hand, he ignited the symbols into separate rings of holy patterns that orbited the demon. He clenched his free hand and made the rings compress upon the its body, burning it further.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH!!!" The demon cried out.

Hanuman Chalisa mantra had just completed as well, making the demon's ears bleed and burn.

To finish it once and for all, Kumaran launched himself at the demon and collected all the spirit energy that Lord Hanuman's amulet gave him, materialising it into a massively strong mace.

Kumaran pulled back the mace as he reached right above the demon. "Jai Bajrangbali! Tod de dushman ki nali!!!!! (Jai Bajrangbali break the enemy's bones!)" He swung it down and struck the demon's heart with all his might.

The demon was sent rocketing back down. Kumaran fell freely after it. The sheer force made it crash onto a tall building roof. By then, all its bones were crushed into pieces and its shape had deformed.

Kumaran came slowly and landed in front of it.

It grunted in a sorry low voice, still trying to break free from the entangled thread but it had no strength left.

"Now... to finish this once and for all!" Kumaran spread his hands in a flourish and sparked them with spirit energy. The thread and rings of holy pattern responded to his gesture with a bright heavenly flare. "IN THE NAME OF LORD HANUMAN, RETURN TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL! AND NEVER DARE RETURN TO MY WORLD, YOU DEVIL!"

The demon got engulfed in divine orange light and burst into a million specks of red star dust.

The wind blew past the roof, scattering the red sparks across and taking them away into the skies. Kumaran watched the sparks fly past him and up to the moon. He breathed heavily, "Thank God..."

He cracked his knuckles and took a deep breath.

But then...

"Arrgh!" Das screamed in his head.

Kumaran remembered. "Oh shit! Das!"