1. A Strange Event (Minor Rewrite)

Have you ever dreamed of ruling a country of your own? I'm sure most people had, that's one reason why we created games. A place to have fun, a place where people gather, and for some, a place to escape. There are almost 1 million video games registered according to current data, and among them are 'Nation-Building Games'. It is a masterpiece of greed.

Human has urges to conquer everything even inside a video game, that's just genetic, I think. Well, I can't really blame humanity because I'm also part of it. However, I don't feel ashamed at all. Even since childhood I always wanted to have everything, it's a pleasurable feeling to be above everyone, to be on the very top, if you know what I mean.

"Hey, you! The girl right there!"

"Hmm...?"

The girl with black hair and brown eyes turns around to where the voice come from and found a brown-haired girl running towards her.

"If I'm not wrong, you are....."

"Huff...huff..."

"Forget it, what's the hurry?"

"Huff... The whole class is going to have a feast in a restaurant around here. I know we don't know much about each other but since we are classmate, I'm here to invite you"

"No, thank you"

"Ehhh? But, why? We had just graduate from high school! We never know when we will ever meet again"

"Sorry, but I can't attend. I have something to do"

"Is that so? How unfortunate... I'll tell the President that you are not coming"

"Thank you" She said in flat and un-enthusiast tone before turning back to her way home. The girl also ran back to where she come from.

~^~^~^~^~^~

"Hahhh... home sweet home"

She laid on the bed with her body still full of sweat. Having herself still fairly tired after 20 minutes walk, she decided to go for a quick shower and a quick meal before heading back to the bedroom. She lives alone in a small apartment, her parent died in a car crash when she first enters high school and she received a huge amount of inheritance after the incident. She used the money to rent a small apartment where she stayed right now, even though it's small, it gives her enough privacy.

The rest of the money? She's not a huge money spender, but she spend quite a bit of it to buy some in-game purchasable items in Civilizica. She doesn't need to worry much since the money her parents left for her is huge enough to finance her until she graduated from college.

She looks at the clock hanging on the wall, it's almost 6pm.

"I might go somewhere tomorrow. For now, I'm just going to log into the game. I'm too tired to do anything else"

Technology had developed very quickly, while mobile and computer games are still popular. Everyone slowly prefered a DVR or Dive Virtual Reality. Appearently, they had found a way to connect human brain with virtual world directly. Now, instead staring at your screen and moving you hand to control your character, you become the character yourself. The DVR device will forcefully put you into a sleeping-like state and bring you to another world, literally.

[USER DETECTED, PREPARING DIVE]

█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 10%

██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 20%

███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 30%

████▒▒▒▒▒▒ 40%

█████▒▒▒▒▒ 50%