CHAPTER 9

Winter

Winter groaned softly as the gentle warmth of the morning sun filtered through the curtains, coaxing her from the depths of sleep. Blinking sleepily, she reluctantly opened her eyes, squinting against the brightness that flooded her room.

As Winter attempted to find a comfortable position in her bed, hoping to ease the lingering discomfort and drift back into sleep, an unexpected wave of excruciating pain swept through her body with relentless force.

Her breath caught in her throat, and a strangled gasp escaped her lips as she recoiled from the intensity of the sensation. Every muscle in her body tensed involuntarily, responding to the searing agony that seemed to radiate from a central point within her.

As Winter's mind stirred from the fog of sleep, the sharp sting of pain jolted her fully awake, dispelling any lingering traces of drowsiness. With a groan, she reluctantly recalled the grueling swordsmanship training session she had endured with her father the previous day.

The memory of the relentless sparring and the physical exertion flooded back with vivid clarity, each movement etched into her muscles like a brand. The ache that pervaded her entire body served as a harsh reminder of the intensity of the training, a testament to the rigorous demands of honing her skills with the blade.

Sinubukan nya ulit gumalaw, sa pag darasal na sana ay naibsan ang sakit ngunit wala syang nagawa kundi ang magmura nang sumigid ang nakakangilong kirot sa bawat kasuluksulukan ng kanyang munting katawan.

"potaaaaa"

Tanging mura na lamang ang namutawi sa kanyang mga labi dahil sa sakit na nararamdaman. Wala syang magagawa, kailangan nyang bumangon sapagkat ngayon ay ang araw para sa mahika. Kahit anong pigil pa ang gawin nya, hindi na nakaya ng kanyang mga mata at nag uunahan ng umalpas at namalisbis sa kanyang pisngi ang kanyang mga luha.

Nasa kalagitnaan sya ng pag iyak ng malakas na bumukas ang pintuan ng kanyang kwarto. Bumungad sa kanya ang amang humahangos, tila ba ay nagmamadali itong makapunta sa kanyang kwarto. Mabilis nitong sinuri ang buong kwarto bago sumentro sa kanya ang mga mata ni Victor.

He let out a heavy sigh as if he was relieved of worry. He then invited himself in and carefully checked on his daughter who is now bawling her eyes out while grimacing from time to time.

"Ayos ka lang ba, anak?" NAg aalalang tanong nya sa anak habang maingat na ikinulong sa kanyang mga kamay ang munting mukha nito at dahan dahang pinupunasan ang mga luhang umaalpas sa asul nitong mga mata.

"Masakit katawan ko pa" She wailed to her father, seeking for his comfort. Victors heart felt like it was stabbed a million times seeing his lovely daughter cry. Ever since she was a baby, they would do almost everything to make sure that their child would never cry or get hurt. Victor and Mythia can't stand to see their daughter suffer but this is a different scenario, although it was hard, they have to steel themselves and let her feel all the pain. It is, after all a part of her training.

In order for her to be strong emotionally and physically, they have to restrain themselves from giving in every time she is hurt .

"Alam ko anak, pero kailangan mong tiisin. Isa lamang iyan sa mga paghihirap na mararanasan mo at kumpara sa mga kahaharapin mong paghihirap sa darating na panahon, ito ay nasa kalingkingan lamang"

Walang nagawa si Winter kindi ang tumango sa sinabi ng ama. Alam nya, alam nya sa sarili nya na ang tatahakin nyang landas ay hindi madali.

Victor once again let out a deep sigh before placing a soft kiss on his daughter's forehead. Lingering as it was the only help and comfort he could give to his daughter at this very moment.