CHAPTER 8

Reòta Fortress

Amidst the barren landscape, where the wind howls mournfully through jagged peaks and icy valleys, there looms a colossal fortress, its towering spires piercing the gray skies like frozen fingers reaching for the heavens. Encased in an eternal shroud of frost and snow, the fortress stands as a silent sentinel, its formidable walls rising defiantly against the relentless onslaught of winter.

The lord of the fortress gazed out of the window, his breath forming mist against the cold glass as he surveyed the endless expanse of snow-covered terrain. His weary sigh echoed softly in the dimly lit chamber, a testament to the weight of responsibility that lay heavy upon his shoulders.

With each passing moment, his piercing electric blue eyes, like glacial ice, reflected both the stark beauty and the harsh realities of the frozen landscape beyond.

The sudden rap of knuckles echoed through the chamber, breaking the silence like a crack in the ice. A voice, muffled by the thick wooden door, announced the arrival of an unexpected visitor, their presence intruding upon the lord's solitary contemplation.

"kamahalan, maari ba akong pumasok?"

"pasok" Maikli ngunit puno ng awtoridad nyang sagot. Letting the person behind the door to enter.

The servant's movements were swift yet graceful as he entered the chamber, his eyes trained on the figure of the cold lord standing near the window, framed by the icy tendrils of frost. With a respectful bow, he halted in the center of the room, a silent acknowledgment of his presence in the lord's domain.

"anong balita?" Tanong nya at bumaling sa taong nakayuko ngayon sa gitna ng malaking opisina. Kahit na balot na balot na sya ng tela, tila hindi parin ito sapat dahil sa malamig na titig ng Duke sa kanya na animoy tumatagos sa kanyang kasuotan, diretso sa kanyang mga buto.

"Iyong bata ho napinapahanap nyo-" mahihimigan ang pag aalinlangan sa kanyang nanginginig na boses. Tila nag hahanda sa galit ng duke sa maririnig na balita.

"Napag alaman naming na ang bata ay may kasamang lalaki at ayon sa mga nakausap namin sa inn na kanilang tinuluyan, mag ama daw ang dalawa. At base sa usapan namin, dayo daw ang mga ito. Ayaw nila ibahagi sa amin ang iba pang impormasyon tungkol sa dalawa at ang tanging sagot lamang nila sa amin ay mula daw ang dalawa sa bayan malapit sa Dark Forest."

The servant noted the subtle shift in the lord's demeanor as he absorbed the report, his eyes darkening with each word spoken. A tense silence filled the room, broken only by the crackling of the hearth and the distant howl of the wind outside.

With each passing moment, the tension in the room grew palpable, thickening the air with an almost suffocating intensity. The servant dared not raise his eyes to meet the lord's gaze, knowing full well the gravity of the situation at hand.

"Base sa kanilang pahayag ay agad na nagpadala ako ng mga tauhan ko patungo sa mga bayan na pumapalibot sa Dark forest." And so, he continued to speak, his voice a steady cadence amidst the swirling turmoil of emotions that threatened to overwhelm him. For in that moment, he understood the significance of the report he had delivered, and the consequences that would surely follow in its wake.

"Makaka alis ka na" tanging mga salitang lumabas sa kanyang mga bibig. Wala nang sinayang pang panahon ang kanyang tauuhan at agad itong yumukod ulit bilang pagbigay pugay at mabilis na lumabas ng opisina ng Duke.

Once outside the duke's office, the servant let out a long, weary sigh, his breath forming a misty cloud in the frigid air. The weight of the encounter hung heavily upon his shoulders, the tension of the exchange still lingering in the depths of his mind.