CHAPTER 4

The day after her birthday, Winter woke up earlier than usual. She immediately washed up and grabbed the key her mother gave her last night.

She have been looking forward to what the key has to offer. She has been looking forward to the books the library would hold. Especially after knowing the fact that her parents hid it from her.

Carrying the key on her right hand and the book gifted to her last night on the other, she swiftly yet quietly ran to the library without waking her parents up.

Opening the door, her eyes widened as it was welcomed by shelves full of different books.

Winter could only squeal in happiness. She was a bookworm even on her past life and have always dreamed of having her own library. To think that her dream would be realized in this life is amazing.

Mula sa maliit hanggang sa malalaki, manipis hanggan sa makapal, nandoon lahat. Mula kasaysayan hanggang sa ibat ibang uri ng halaman ay naroon.

She wasted no time and started with the history books, even though she isn't a fan of history, she had to. Learning what happened in the past and the key people in those times are very valuable.

She started with history and promised herself to save the books about magic for last.

Hindi na namalayan ni Winter na ilang oras na pala ang nakalipas mula nang nagbasa sya sa library, tumigil lang sya sa pagbabasa nang tinawag sya ng mga magulang nya para mag almusal.

Day after day, that had become her routine, she'll wake up, burry herself in books pause for meals and goes back to books again.

She read everything about the history of the kingdom she lives in. From the discoveries, the important figures and the political situation from before till now. She also took time to know about the books on the royals and all the noble households.

"Pupunta ako ngayon sa lungsod. Gusto mo bang sumama, anak?" Pag aanyaya ni Victor sa anak habang nag aalmusal.

Agad namang nagliwanag ang mga mata ni Winter. This is the first time that she was invited to go out of the forest. Most of the time, she would be told that she is not yet old enough to go, especially that the forest is too dangerous.

"Pwede po ako sumama?!" Sabik na wika nya. Matagal na nyang gustong maglibot sa bayan, lalo na't bawat punta ng lungsod ng ama nya ay may mga dala itong munting regalo sa kanya na napaka ganda.

"Oo naman, ngayon na medyo malaki ka na at alam naming marunong ka nang sumunod sa mga bilin, kampante ako na di ka mawawala"

Sagot naman ni Mythia. She can't help but laugh at her daughter's reaction.

True to her father's words, right after breakfast, they set off to the city closest to the forest.

Mythia dressed her daughter up in a white and brown knee length dress with long sleeves. Decorated with some bows and buttons on the front. Then topped it off with the cloak she have previously given her daughter on her seventh birthday.

 Then topped it off with the cloak she have previously given her daughter on her seventh birthday

They are heading to the City of Kreger. A city known for being the home valiant and courageous knights who have won and defended the city from the monsters and bandits alike. It would take a whole day and a half to reach the city on horse but since they are walking, at a slow pace at that since she came along, it could take them four to five days of walking.

Since the forest is home to various monsters, they were hunting for their meals and also for raw materials that they could sell in the city. Victor also used the time to let Winter practice her magic spells and let her hunt.

Even though the trip was pretty exhausting, Winter is still very enthusiastic every step of the way. Excitement is evident on her face.

"Salamat sa pagsabay sa amin!" Maligayang pasasalamat ni Victor sa may ari ng karosang
Nadaan sila at nagmagandang loob na isabay sila.

It was their third day of walking. He was carrying Winter on his back while walking after she complained that she was exhausted when the carriage stoped and offer them a ride.

"Walang anuman. Papunta rin naman kayo sa kreger. Mahirap mag lakbay ngayon lalo na't may anak kang dala. Tumaas ang kaso ng mga tulisan na umaatake ng mga naglalakbay ngayon."

The fatigue and exhaustion finally caught up with Winter and once she was comfortably sat in the carriage, sleep immediately came in.

Victor could only smile at his daughter's tired yet peaceful face while sleeping. She may be keeping up with their travel but she's still a kid, her body is not used to long days of walking. He carefully fixed her new coat to cover her small frame and gave her a kiss on the forehead before striking a conversation with the man who helped them.

"Ako nga pala si Victor. San nga pala kayo nang galing? Kung ayos lang?" Maingat nyang tanong.

" Ahh Herman ang pangalan ko at mula kami sa havet. Isa akong mangangakal at may mga paninda akong dala galing sa havet na ibebenta ko sa kreger, kayo san ba kayo galing?"

"Mula kami sa bayan ng Skov, hindi man ako opisyal na mangangalakal, ay may tumatangkilik parin naman sa mga benta kong materiales galing sa mga halimaw"

Pagpapaliwanag ni Victor. Ang Skov ay isang bayan na pinaka malapit sa dark forest. Ang bayang ito ang lagi nilang ginagamit na mag asawa pag may nagtatanong kung san sila galing. People would be freaked out if they find out that they live in the middle of the dark forest.

Since it was just on the outskirts of the forest, no one would raise suspicion when he sold the monsters hides. The people from there are known to sell monster parts.

"Maari ko bang makita ang iyong mga dala?" The merchant curiosity asked him and when he saw that Victor was hesitant to bring out his goods, he explained himself further.

"Ang mga kasosyo at mga bumubili ng paninda ko ay ang mga aristokrat at mga may matataas na posisyon, kaya mas malaki ang makikita mo pag sa akin mo ipinagbili."

Victor carefully laid out his merchandise on the floor of the carriage. From a Beren's sharp fang(a bear-like monster) to its fur, and down to its organs that are important for some medicinal remedies, small to medium sized magic crystals, and some potions made by his wife.

Agad namang namangha si Herman sa linis at pulidong mga produktong dala ni Victor, isang magandang senyales na may angking kakayahan ang nag proseso ng mga bagay na iyon.

Herman immediately started negotiating with victor. Who was a bit taken aback by the amount offered to him for the materials. It was double, no, even triple that what the merchants in the market are willing to offer.

*****

Hi guys!! Sorry ngayon lang nakapag update! Mejo busy pa kasi. Any wayyy here's an update. Slow updates tayo ngayon since hindi nagana braincells ko. Ewan ko ba bat etong genre napili kong gawan ng story, eh ang hirap gumawa ng strory line na hindi cliche sa fantasy genre.

Too late to regret na hahaha.

The picture po pala is from pinterest 🤗

Votes and comments are appreciated po, together with criticisms (be nice lang po 😭 mejo iyakin ang author nyo hehehe). Also let me know po if you prefer an update ma mas mahaba pa dito.

FLORENCE