CHAPTER 2

With light and quiet steps, Victor scans his surroundings for any monster or any signs of life. This forest is known to be dangerously filled with monsters, strong ones at that. Kaya kahit na dito sila nanirahan ng halos kalahati ng buhay nila, kaylangan nya paring mag ingat. Monsters in this forest are always on survival. Either they kill or get kill.

After almost an hour of walking, he finally found what he was looking for. The grass is filled with broken and shredded armors and weapons, along with aome body parts that are torn to pieces. Since it rained last night, hi di na masyadong makikita ang dugo.  Pero nariyan parin ang mga bakas nito.

As gross as it may seem, he check the armors and body parts to see if he could know their identity. After painstakingly browsing through all that's left, he finally found something.

He found a tattoo in one of the many detached arms, an insignia of a silhouette with a crown and two swords. An insignia that almost no one would recognize, but he did.

'What are they doing in this dangerous forest?'

Konting rason lang ang naiisipan nyang maging dahilan na mapadpad ang mga ito rito. Una ay kung may herbal na pinapahanap sa kanila ang mga nakakataas sa kanila, may idinispatya ang mga ito at dito itinapon o ang pang huli, kung may hinahabol ang mga ito.

Para mapatunayan ang suspetsya nya, hinalughog nya ulit ang mga pira pirasong katawan at ang gamit ng mga ito. Nang walang may kaitang kahit ano sa mga ito, ang paligid naman ang kanyang sinuri.

Upon closer inspection of the surroundings, he found footprints on the still soft muddy ground.

It doesn't look like it belongs to all these heavy broody soldiers, it looks like it belongs to someone lighter, maybe a woman.

Piniling sundan ni Victor ang mga ito at sa di kalayuan, tumigil ang mgad bakas sa isang napakalaking puno ng kahoy. Kilalang kilala ni Victor ang punong iyon. Its the huge tree that he carved the side out to be his shelter when it rains and he's hunting.

The hole he made is currently covered by several branches of some shrubs around. Desperately trying to conceal whatever is hiding on the inside.

He hastily removed all those branches and he finally found what was inside.

Victor immediately used magic and chanted to make a little bird out of wind and send it off to call for his wife.

inside the carved out shelter is a woman with black hair, curled up and is hugging something. Upon looking at the situation of the woman, he can immediately see that she have been through a lot.

Parang kinurot ang puso ni victor habang pinagmamasdan ang sitwasyon na inaboy ng babae. Ang puting bistida nito ay puno ng punit at bahid ng putik, ang mga braso at binti nito ay puno rin ng gasgas. Mas lalong nakakaawa ang sinapit ng mga paa nito, nababalot na ng natuyong dugo.

The woman was too pale abd when he checked for pulse, she has been long gone. Victor could only sigh as there is nothing he could do to revive the woman. He was about to leave to dig a grave for her when he suddenly hear an infant's cry.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ni victor at dali daling ininspeksyon ulit ang babae. Ang munting kumpol ng tela na yakap nito ay gumagalaw bg bahagya.

Dahan dahan at mahina nya itong kinuha mula sa bisig ng babae. It was an adorable little girl wailling with her eyes closed.

----

"Jusko Victor kawawang bata!"

"Anong gagawin natin Mythia?"

Dahan dahan nyang imunulat ang mga mata dahil sa ingay na kanyang naririnig. When she opened her eyes, she was greeted by two people whispering by themselves, as if afraid to wake her up.

Huh? So it was real? Hindi panaginip yung kanina? Tanging yun lang ang nasa isip nya.

Sensing that she is awake, the man and the woman's attention immediately went to her. Despite their salt and pepper hair, both of them still looked gorgeous.

The man has prominent sharp features together with his hazel eyes that looked almost gold when sunlight hits it, while the woman have a vibrant green eyes that goes well with her soft features.

She doesn't know who these people are but surprisingly, she doesn't feel acared in their presence. They are both looking at her admiringly like it was their first time holding a baby.

"Gusto ko syang kupkupin, mahal." Anang babae habang maingat syang hinihele sa mga bisig nito.

"Yan din sana ang gusto ko mahal. Paniguradong manganganib ang buhay nya kapag dinala natin sya sa bayan. Baka mahanap sya ng mga humahabol sa kanila ng ina nya." Pag sasang ayon naman ni victor sa asawa. Kung ano man ang dahilan kung bakit sila hinahabol, paniguradong malaki ang tyansang nasa bayan ang may gawa nito. Mas manganganib ang bata kapag may naka alam na buhay pa ito.

"Kaming bahala sayo anak." Malungkot na ngumiti sa kanya ang babae at hinalikan sya sa noo.

Dahil suguro sa pagod ay unti unting pumikit ang mata nya at basta nalang syang nakatulog sa bisig ng ginang.

Samantala ang mag asawa g Victor an Mythia naman nakahinga ng maluwag ng makitang natulog ulit ang sanggol.

Ibinaba muna ni Mythia ang sanggol sa nakalatag na tela sa lupa upang tumulong sa asawa nyang maghulay ng paglilibingan sa ina ng sanggol.

After almost three hours, they have finally finished the grave and were able to bury the woman's body. They also made a makeshift grave stone for her.

Mythia placed some wild flowers on the grave and silently prayed for it.

"I'll take care of your daughter, so rest easy" she silently whispered on the grave stone.

Both of them stood and held hands in front of the grave before finally turning their backs and went to the baby who's surprisingly still asleep.

They both gazed at the adorable baby in front of them. She got short silver hair and rosy cheeks. Not to mention her beautiful electric blue eyes that they have seen earlier.

With just her eyes, they already have a suspicion on the identity of the baby. Only one family is known for their silver hair and vibrant electric blue eyes but their desire to protect the baby still weighs more at the moment.

They do not know the exact situation why this kid and her mother were chased here to death. They especially do not know who was behind it. It would be better to keep her than to unknowingly expose her to the culprit and put her life on the line.

Author's note: hey guys! Heres an update for you. Thank you for being patient with me and my messed up schedule 😭. Alam kong ako rin yung nagsabi na pagkatapos pa ng finals ako makakapag update kaso, may naisingit naman akong chapter kaya update ko nalang bago kp pa makalimutan! 😁

Please drop a vote po kung nagustuhan nyo yung update. Comments and suggestions are also welcome po.

FLORENCE