Chapter 60 Arranging matters

Start from the beginning

Cui Xining was puzzled: What happened? Has the second brother changed his mind and wants to marry the Gu family?

She was confused and baffled. Then Cui Muli paid a visit.

Cui Xining was so shocked that she even dropped the luozi in her hands - her second brother came to visit her in the courtyard. This was the first time for an older girl to get on a sedan chair!

She didn't dare delay, so she quickly straightened up her appearance and walked into the small hall holding up her skirt.

At that time, Cui Muli was drinking tea, and there were various fresh fruit snacks on the table. Several maids were surrounding him, their cheeks slightly red, and they looked at him secretly from time to time.

"Ahem." Cui Xining coughed a few times and cast a few warning glances. The maids were in full bloom, and after bowing, they retired one by one.

"Second Brother." Cui Xining stepped forward with a smile and sat across from him, "Are you taking a break today?"

Cui Muli said: "I have to go to the government office later."

Cui Xining thought to herself: In that case, why take advantage of the free time before going to the government office to specially come here?

Cui Muli asked: "Has Sun Shenyuan come to visit grandfather recently?"

Speaking of Sun Shenyuan, Cui Xining spoke in a brisk tone and talked about recent events.

Cui Muli nodded and said, "Not bad."

Cui Xining said: "Thanks to the help of my second brother, Shen Lang was able to be appreciated by grandfather."

"No." Cui Muli said, "If he doesn't have real talent and learning, no matter how hard I try, it will be nothing but a futile effort."

Cui Xining covered her lips and laughed, "Second Brother said exactly the same thing as A-Miao."

Cui Muli's eyes moved slightly, and his smile slowly spread, "Seriously?"

"Really."

Cui Xining did not miss his subtle expression. Doubts swirled in her heart, and she finally couldn't hold it back. "I heard that Second Brother has been very close to Miss Gu recently?"

Cui Muli shook his head and said concisely and comprehensively: "It's false."

Cui Xining was relieved. She knew that her second brother is not a half-hearted person.

Now that she had spoken, she stopped being secretive and simply asked: "Second Brother came to me because of A-Miao's affairs?"

Cui Muli nodded again, "Yes." After a pause, he said, "I would like to ask you to help me ask out A-Miao."

She is also aware that there was definitely no pretence of rhetoric from A-Miao to him therefore he decided to target her. However......

Cui Xining bit her lower lip and asked hesitantly: "Second Brother, do you really like A-Miao?"

"Yes." Cui Muli said bluntly, without mincing words, "I want to marry A-Miao."

After the brief surprise, Cui Xining could be said to be overjoyed. She originally thought that the second brother had a crush on A-Miao, but she didn't expect that he would get it right in one step and directly want to marry A-Miao home! If A-Miao marries into the second family, they will be a legitimate family from now on!

"Second Brother, you really have a keen eye for gold." She couldn't help but say.

Cui Muli suddenly sighed, "It's a pity that I was negligent towards A-Miao in the past. She is angry and now she rejects me thousands of miles away."