(12)

Jay 

I jolted up and started panting, frantically looking around at my surroundings with my dilated pupils quivering. my heart dropped when my gaze fell upon jungwon. 

images of the woman flashing in my head whenever i looked at jungwon, muffled screams playing at the back of my head as if it has been permanently tattooed in my brain. 

but i noticed something between the woman and jungwon. 

they had eerily similar facial features..

the more i stared at jungwon, i realised how his eyes were slowly turning into an even more brighter red. when he stood up and slowly tried to get towards me, i immediately fell from my bed as panic surged through me. 

flashing red was all i could see

high pitched screams heard over and over again.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" i cried out. 

"what's wrong? i'm just trying to help you?" he tried to comfort me as he was about to wrap his arms around me but that didn't help. 

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!" i shrieked, causing my throat to inflict pain onto me. 

i ran away from the room as fast as i can. 

atleast its away from jungwon.

I pushed through the doors at the end of the hallway, bursting into the open air outside. the cold hit me like a slap, sharp and immediate.

gasping for breath, I leaned against a wall, trying to collect my thoughts and slow down my racing heart. the high-pitched screams still rang in my ears, an echo of terror that seemed to follow me from the dreams.

with shaking hands i pulled out my phone and dialled jake's number.  

*I'M FEELING LUCKY  예감이 좋지* 

"JAY?! ARE YOU OKAY? HOW ARE YOU FEELIN-"

"i'm okay i'm okay but please pick me up-hic" i sniffled unbeknownst that i started tearing up.

"please come qui-hic-ckly...please i'm begging you-"

"JAY?! JAY! I'M COMING RIGHT AWAY"  a concerned puppy shouted through the phone. 

beep beep 

"JAY HYUNG!" a voice laced with worry was heard as i lifted my head up to see who this familiar voice was, and of course, it was my little jakey. 

"jakey!" i shouted, stumbling trying to get up from the brick wall and ran up to him, "please take me home, i beg you please, somewhere away from jungwon." i rambled all at once, trying to stay composed. images of the the familiar twisted face flashing before my eyes. 

jake's face scrunched in confusion, causing a cackle to be heard, which definitely startled me. i immediately looked up to see heeseung standing dangerously close behind him.

i looked at him with raised eyebrows as i signalled him to back off a bit, you know, personal space, but this rat decided to shake his head in disapproval and just stayed there. 

i frowned at this and was about to complain about him to jake- 

"alright let's go," jake said, dragging my arm as he lead me to the backseat of the car, meaning jake was in the passenger seat while heeseung was driving.