Chapter 6: Two Exorcists in Town

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes, Reality change

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

[] + Bold: Recording, Chat logs, Small Timeskips and Flashbacks

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

2 Days Later, 

Issei's House, 9:30 AM

Two days have passed since the Rating Game, with Issei winning, he had to answer a lot of questions to the Phenex Family, but Issei gave a clear message to them, stating he could have killed them but chose not to do so, and to stay away from his friends. They got and understood what Issei was trying to convey to them.

In the aftermath Riser was traumatised to the point of fearing Issei, or any white haired individuals that came near him, Ravel could only watch helplessly, as she remembered on how brutally the Stake Victim Dragon defeated her.

Issei was next to Gabriel, who had also woken up, she knew when Issei informed her on Mari. The Seraph immediately got onto investigating if there are any leads she could find, but sadly, there was nothing she could find. Issei assured her that, he will try his best to remember if there are any other memories he could find eventually. 

"May I check the seal, Ise?" Issei nodded as Gabriel used her Holy Magic to check the seal as she had spoken after analysing it for a while, she knew that the seal had been affected due to him remembering the name Mari.

"Ise, the seal like I expected has been affected, the more you remember something, the more it weakens.." Gabriel spoke as she continued to analyse the seal, "This seal is Holy Origin, that I am sure of it, but this seal is high level. This seal not only was designed to prevent any memories from your origin from leaking, but also to try and suppress any emotions you once had." 

"Hmm, that makes sense." Issei spoke as he continued, "Someone wanted me to be an efficient killer, making me have no quarrels or guilt from taking another live, when I saw the Nekoshou sisters. I spared them, I did not know why, but I chose to spare them, my guess is that is what caused my seal to break..."

"But after three years, nothing happened, I get these Lucid Dreams of a family I never had, that I was just an ordinary 5 year old enjoying time with his family and when I wake up. Nothing! It's all gone.." Issei spoke with a worried tone, as Gabriel calmed him down by rubbing his back, she was his girlfriend, it was the least she could do.

She pulled him into a hug and rubbed his head, calming him down as she spoke, "I will help you remember those memories, you can count on it.." Issei looked at Gabriel and nodded, they stayed like this for a while till they split up.

"Thanks, Gaby-chan.." Gabriel responded with a smile of her own, as she spoke, "Anytime, you need me, I will be there for you.." 

Issei nodded as Gabriel had spoken, "But what exactly caused you to remember her, and affect the seal by such an amount?" 

"Truth be told, when I saw the bond between Sirzechs and Rias, that was what caused me to remember her name..." Issei spoke truthfully, as Gabriel nodded, it was easy to deduce that the person had a close sibling like bond towards Issei.

"Ise, this Mari, she seemed to have a close sibling like bond with you, once upon a time. But all we know is her name. That's it, nothing more, nothing less...that is all we know of her, her name..." Gabriel spoke as she continued, "Maybe these 'triggers' are how you can remember your past memories, for now that is the only way we can make you remember who you once were.."