16

Ophelia was in her room with Delphina, who was helping her get ready for her date with Josh

Ophelia was in her room with Delphina, who was helping her get ready for her date with Josh. She was nervous and antsy and nothing she picked to wear felt right.

"I need new clothes," she huffed out after throwing yet another outfit to the floor.

"You have an obscene amount of clothes, and that's coming from me," replied Delphina as she racked through her friend's wardrobe.

"None of them are good though!" She said as she threw herself onto her bed in frustration, accidentally spooking Phoenix in the process.

"Here. Try this," said Delphina as she threw some clothes at her. Delphina had picked out a pair of lowrise jeans and a cropped grey nitted jumper which hung off one of her shoulders. It was still cold out and Ophelia didn't know what Josh had planned so it seemed like a good shout.

Thankfully, Delphina's mastery when it came to clothes came in clutch and Ophelia had liked the outfit. She laced up her Docs and patted her jeans down in front of the long mirror that sat in the corner of the room. She tied her hair up with a claw clip and applied her jewellery, finally feeling confident enough to face the boy downstairs.

"Okay, I'm gonna get going now. Thank you, babe," she said kissing the girl on the cheek and rushing down the stairs.

She bumped into Draco in the common room, who had his nose in a charms textbook as he sat on the sofa opposite the boisterous green fire.

"Hey you catching up?" She said coming up behind him.

"Uh yeah," he said, as his eyes landed on where her jeans sat painfully low on her hips. "Thank you for the notes you slid under the door by the way, they were a big help you didn't have to do that."

"Ugh don't be silly, it was nothing," she smiled, pretending like there wasn't a flutter in her stomach at the way he looked at her. It wasn't actually nothing, it took her hours to rewrite her notes from her classes so that he would find it easier catching up.

"Where are you off to?"

"Oh uh, just out on a date," his eyes hardened at her words as he cleared his throat.

"Oh... a date. With who?" He tried his best to pretend that her words hadn't struck a blow to his gut.

"Josh Richardson, Hufflepuff," she said, her voice strained. It felt unnatural being this cordial with Draco. Usually they were either at each other's throats or acting like a married couple.

"Right, well um... have fun, I guess," he muttered, turning his attention back to his book. Draco couldn't ignore the pain that settled through his body, the insatiable feeling of jealousy or the anger that transpired throughout his bones as he imagined her laughing, joking and kissing a bloody Hufflepuff.

"Thanks, I'll see you at breakfast?" She said as she  stepped back towards the door.

"Yeh, see you," his voice was curt and isolated, as if he was blocking her out. Ophelia frowned at his tone but left him to it nonetheless.