Chapter 59 Ruffling feathers

Start from the beginning

Zhou Niannan breathed a sigh of relief.

After his aunt gave birth to a prince, Emperor Chengxuan would never ask for a noble daughter for him... In this way, his marriage to Xie Miao was already half done.

Taking advantage of a rest day, Zhou Niannan ran to the door of Cui Mansion and guarded it for half a day. As expected, he did not see Xie Miao exiting the door. He was not discouraged. If the first option didn't work, there is still the other——

Subsequently, the maids of Haihua Yuan noticed a brightly coloured parrot flew over the wall and opened its mouth:

"Guan Guan cry the osprey on the islet in the river, the beautiful and good young lady is a fine mate for the lord!" (quoted from the notes of the document "Guanyong")

"There is a beautiful woman. I can't forget her appearance. One day without her, I feel like I'm going crazy!" (quoted from the notes of the document "Phoenix Qiuhuang")

"Looking at the sky at dawn and the clouds at dusk, I miss you when I walk, and I miss you when I sit!" (quoted from the notes of the document "A Cut of Plum")

The two little girls, Lizhi and Guiyuan, hugged each other and danced excitedly, "Wa, wa, wa! This parrot can not only speak human language, but also recite poems, recite poems!"

Fu Lu felt deeply that it was hard to explain in words. She didn't know how much effort Third Young Master Zhou had spent to actually make this parrot call from "Third Young Master Zhou is mighty and brave" to a sour and shabby exit into a poem...

Eh, it is still a love poem that was recited. It is as if Sima Zhao's heart is well known to everyone. (t/n: the idiom involving Sima Zhao means that a person's supposed hidden intention is so well known that it is not really hidden.)

Fu Lu didn't want anyone to know what was going on inside. Therefore she quickly asked someone to find a bamboo bag and set up a ladder on the wall to net the parrot. The parrot is very clever. When he sees someone approaching, he immediately flutters his wings and flies to the side, shouting as he flies: "Look at the flowers in spring and the snow in winter. I miss you when I wake up and miss you in my dreams!" (quoted from notes on the Internet)

...Oh, you have a lot of vocabulary.

Several maids carried ladders and chased the parrot. They were so busy that they were sweating profusely but they couldn't catch it. Finally, it drew Xie Miao out.

The parrot seemed to recognize her. Its mung bean eyes suddenly brightened, and it screamed even more vigorously: "Guan Guan cry the osprey on the islet in the river, the beautiful and good young lady is a fine mate for the lord! A fine mate for the lord! A fine mate for the lord!"

Xie Miao put one hand on her forehead, her head throbbing in pain.

Zhou Niannan, this devil incarnate... wouldn't be happy if he didn't cause trouble for her, right?

"Come here, find me a slingshot." She said with a wooden face.

Fu Lu shook her head wildly at her, "Miss, this parrot looks very expensive." You must not strike it, you must not strike it, ah!

Xie Miao understood what she meant. She rolled up her sleeves helplessly and left. After returning to the study, she stuffed two large balls of cotton directly into her ears.

In the yard, the little maids were still chasing the parrot. This scene happened to be caught by Qiao Mu who came to deliver tea. He volunteered, rolled up his sleeves and stepped forward to help. The result was as one can imagine...