Chapter 59 Ruffling feathers

Começar do início

Everyone chatted with each other and came to the same conclusion: this Princess Qingyang is terrible, whoever marries her will be unlucky!

Discussions among the people also spread to the aristocratic circles in the capital. Everyone was already afraid of Princess Qingyang, but now they are even more afraid of her: Can't afford to offend her, yet still can't hide from her? !

After the person involved, Qingyang, noticed the abnormality, she angrily ran to Emperor Chengxuan to complain, hoping that he would pull out the ants she criticized and put them all in prison!

Emperor Chengxuan had a headache. Qingyang's arrogant reputation spreads far and wide. It was better to be lax about it than to stop it, but to neglect it - with her spoiled character, being lax about it was also useless.

So while appeasing one side, they deliberately arrested some people and imprisoned them, then released them home after a few days.

Princess Qingyang could only assume that Emperor Chengxuan loved her as always, and took advantage of the situation to ask him to bestow marriage to Zhou Niannan on her behalf. Zhou Niannan was on duty that day. After hearing this, he jumped out from behind the door, knelt down and shouted: "Your Majesty, if you force this humble officer to marry Qingyang, I would rather be ordained and become a monk in the national temple!"

Princess Qingyang was so angry that she cursed loudly, but Zhou Niannan didn't answer back. He insisted stubbornly that he wanted to become a monk in the national temple.

Within a few days, the news spread again: Princess Qingyang, relying on her noble birth, actually wanted to get involved with the Third Young Master of the Dingyuan Marquis family and make him her husband! Third Young Master Zhou, on the other hand, wants to keep his integrity and would rather die than obey——

When Emperor Chengxuan heard the news, he sighed and complained to the Empress, "Qingyang is really spoiled by zhen. She acts so unruly. It's no wonder that little Third is not willing to agree to the marriage and spread rumours everywhere to oppose her."

The Empress was about to give birth, but her face was still soft and noble. She smiled and said: "Your Majesty has pampered Qingyang as his daughter since she was a child. Qingyang is inevitably a bit arrogant." She caressed her bulging belly and whispered: "If this concubine can give birth to a princess for Your Majesty..."

Emperor Chengxuan raised his hand and gently covered her lips, "Zhen wants you to give birth to a son for me. Zhen's son and yours."

The Empress snuggled into his arms meekly, her eyes turning colder every moment where he couldn't see her.

No matter how arrogant Qingyang is, as long as she enters Dingyuan Marquis Mansion, she will have a way to make people docile. But judging from His Majesty's intention, it is clear that he does not want the Marquis Mansion to provide any further help——

She understands what His Majesty means. If there is really a prince in her belly, since her brother holds real military power, her relatives will definitely become a problem. However, several other princes have grown up and their power in the court is growing. How can her children ascend to the throne smoothly without solid backing?

*

A few days later, the Empress gave birth to the ninth son, named Xi. Xi means brightness and brings happiness.

Emperor Chengxuan was overjoyed and immediately issued an edict to celebrate the event: the people would be exempted from taxes for three years and all sinners in the world would be granted amnesty. There are singing and dancing parades in the capital all night long and carnivals for many days.