Chapter 52

vote and comment💋

"Mehfil mai teri, hum na rahe to
            Gum to nahi hai, gum to nahi hai"

Krish's pov:

"Hello, Krish" She said with a forced smile. "Hope we aren't disturbing you"

My jaw tightened at the fake formality. She knows the way all of this is affecting me. I can't believe she would taunt me this way.

"What do you want?" I asked her, cutting all the bullshit and fake-ness.

She frowned "What? Not gonna try to win me back? Puncture my tyre, show up at my office, follow me everywhere. What happened? Tired or gave up?"

I couldn't look at her.

"Well anyway" She said "I'm— we are here to give you my wedding card"

She extended her hand with the wedding card in it and raised her eyebrows at me to take it.

This is hurting me. More than I thought it would. I knew that she might not want me back but I never thought she'd go as far to give me her wedding card with her new fiancé

I don't care about my reputation or my self respect. I'll go on my knees if I have to right in front of him. I'll even beg him to let me have my love back.

"Aaoge na meri shaadi par?" She asked with no emotion behind those beautiful eyes.
(You'll come to my wedding right?)

Not allowing my voice to break, I said "Mere bina shaadi nahi hone dunga"
(I won't let the wedding happen without me)

She frowned.

I meant what I said. And I'll do anything to make sure it will be me on that mandap. Not him. Not anyone else.

Anika's pov:

Some time earlier:

I know my plan is insane and it'll hurt him. But he hurt me too. My plan wouldn't hurt him half as much.

I pretended to be happy. I pretended to be okay with all of this and to even think that I'll live in a marriage without love.

My parents. The people I grew up watching. They were happy and despite little fights, they always made up. They're my idol couple and I'm a hopeless romantic and always will be.

I can't marry Satvik. It's not just my life I'll be destroying but his as well. It's not fair to him or to me. And it's Krish's fault. He deserves what I throw his way now.

"I can't marry Satvik. I tried to love him but I can't" I told my parents.

Upon reaching home, the first thing I did was got my parents to sit at one place then asked them to just hear me out. I'll do whatever they decide.

"Okay?" My dad said, confused "We've already told you that you don't have to do it if you don't want to"

I smiled at him. Always listening to me and letting me do what I want.

"I want to prepone the wedding" I told them.

"Hein?" Mom said "First you say you don't want to marry him but now you wanna prepone the wedding. What's going on, Anika?"

I told them everything. From my first meet with Nyxen to everything that happened in between and what broke us apart.

Then I told them my plan and what I'm about to do.

They listened to me carefully and by the end, my mom had tears in her eyes but didn't let them fall.

"No" She said "No. You won't marry him. He left my daughter for some stupid rivalry and he can't get her back now"