Chapter 23

Sangeet night:

I didn't see Krish the whole day or hear from him. He didn't tell me where he was going but I trusted him.
And for some reason, he gets stiff and scary whenever he leaves like this.

I removed my mehendi and it was already darkening. Especially around his name.

Sangeet was to start around at 7 and I could already hear the music loudly. It must be the sound checking.

Excitement rose in my chest at the thought of today.

I took out my saree for the event and left it in the room. I'll just take a quick shower and get ready.

I got out of my bathrobe and started the shower. The warm water caressed my hair and my eyes closed as it dripped down on my face.

I quickly shampooed my hair and washed myself.

I got back into the bathrobe and stood in front of the mirror. I did my skin care and quickly dried my hair.

I heard the door opening and closing and assumed it was Krish.
My clothes were still outside and so was he.

I looked outside and saw that he was sitting on the couch with his forehead resting on his palm.
His knees supported his elbows.

He didn't look fine.

"Krish?" I asked as I got out of the bathroom, still in my bathrobe.

"Hm?" He said but didn't look up.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I stepped towards him and kneeled down to his level.

He removed his hand from his forehead and smiled at me. His eyes went over what I was wearing just once and it made me blush.

I'm blushing a lot these days.

"Yes. I'm alright" He said not looking at my eyes.

He was obviously lying. He would've looked me in my eye if he wasn't.

"Are you sure" I asked him again.

He just nodded with a small smile and brushed his hand over my cheekbone before standing up.

"I'll just go take a shower" He said before going into the bathroom and locking it on his way.

I didn't know what was the matter with him.
Every time he gets an 'urgent' call, he leaves immediately and most of the time when he returns, he's not in a good mood.

Today was a little different. He wasn't in a bad mood. He seemed tired.
And not because of staying out or working or anything like that, he just seemed tired.

I don't know what to do but I cannot watch him like this.

He's hiding something and as much as I don't wanna push him into telling me what it is, it's affecting him a lot.

And who else is he gonna tell if not me?

I quickly wore my blouse before he could get out. I poorly draped my saree over me but what was I thinking?

I don't know how to wear a saree.

My mom or Meenakshi aunty helped me back at home but now what am I gonna do?

Ugh.

Krish came out of the bathroom within 10 minutes. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him wearing his outfit.

 My heart skipped a beat when I saw him wearing his outfit